Author Topic: Italian Meatballs and Spaghetti in Tomato Sauce  (Read 62977 times)

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
Re: Italian Meatballs and Spaghetti in Tomato Sauce
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2012, 06:46:34 am »
 :) :) :)

Offline Reeni

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2012, 01:58:33 am »
Thank you for this gorgeous recipe! I made this last night with great results. I had no Zucchini, so I used a large field mushroom in its place and no TMX stock, so I used normal beef stock and a bit of water. I had heaps of tomatoes, so I used them in place of the canned ones.

Perhaps because of my alterations, my 'balls' were very light and I was concerned they would collapse with the pasta (I only had spirals) so I browned them in the oven for 10 mins before serving and they were pretty much perfect.

My husband has been very dubious about my TMX meals after a few disasters. This one however, he had seconds and has taken leftovers for lunch too!

This recipe makes a lot of meatballs and sauce. I would say you could easily feed an average family of four. I would add a garlic bread or veg with it if I was feeding hungry teens or more than one man though.

I am looking forward to making this again soon  ;D

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2014, 08:03:30 am »
Oh my goodness, this was absolutely the best meatballs recipe I have tasted.  Very, very tasty.  DH and the 2 kids loved it too.

I only made a couple of changes:  I added in the other 1/2 of the zucchini and carrot into the sauce along with the onion, garlic and bacon.

Instead of using canned tomatoes, I used a 700ml jar of homemade tomato passata (Tenina's Basic Sugo Pomodoro from KIS)

Gorgeous Chelsea, thank you!  :-*
Karen in Adelaide

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2014, 09:12:53 am »
I haven't made this in ages Karen.  Might be on the menu for next week. Am glad you enjoyed it. :)

Offline SuzieG

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2014, 10:17:03 am »
I made this tonight, great flavors. The meatballs were very yummy. My sauce was quite thick and gluggy, but I did varoma for 20mins at end (instead of 18) because I was worried the meatballs wouldn't cook, even though I made them quite small.

I would def go 18 next time, and even leave pasta until 12-3 mins left of cooking time, they were very soft.

It makes ALOT, will be two nights worth of dinner for us.

Great recipe, thank you