Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6035975 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #23865 on: May 01, 2020, 09:53:43 am »
Fingers crossed for RAl.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23866 on: May 01, 2020, 01:42:22 pm »
Well think kids were pleased it’s Friday . DH eventually got up and I did tell him lunch will be in half an hour ( 12.10 is our new lunchtime only 35 mins ) . Cooked and read my book club book . Second fire going so DD is warmer in the dinning room ! DH decided to light the boiler , this as you may well know is my pet hate as such . It is a wood fired hydronic heating . Great heat but that boiler gives me a hard time . We are toasty warm to night . DH and DS lite it and out they go to the boiler room ! Hope DH does not slip with his crutches and cam boot ! Well if there is not snow on the mountains I’ll be very surprised. We all have cabin fever and need to get out , pity normally we would take a drive to Halls Gap and see the snow .

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23867 on: May 01, 2020, 11:20:36 pm »
Thanks for all the good wishes for Ral.
It is too cold and wet to spend time outside.  Will take the Chooks some warm porridge. 
Got another delivery from Woolies.  Very nice young man delivered it. All in good order. 
Also couldn’t get the Source Bulk Foods on line order form to work but they let me type a list and submit it on line . Their follow up was really good.  They will ring and I will pay by card over the phone and then just go in and collect. 
I miss doing the shopping, but this is probably saving me spending on things I don’t really need now.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23868 on: May 02, 2020, 08:46:06 am »
I find that isolation is saving me money. Perhaps not so much on food etc but other bits and pieces.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23869 on: May 02, 2020, 12:44:34 pm »
Oh my gosh can it get any colder ! DS is fast learning how the wood boiler works , and how much wood three fires consume. 
We started a puzzle today , it’s one of Melbourne 1000 pieces , now even I am using a magnifying glass , DS and I had a great time starting it. It’s a drawing and tiny tiny pictures.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #23870 on: May 03, 2020, 01:38:09 am »
I find that isolation is saving me money. Perhaps not so much on food etc but other bits and pieces.

Cookie, I find that since DS has been doing the shopping my grocery bill is much smaller.  I give him a list he shops and delivers it to me.  No browsing the aisles and picking up all those little extras.  I wonder how I will go when I'm finally let loose.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23871 on: May 03, 2020, 02:34:07 am »

Cookie, I find that since DS has been doing the shopping my grocery bill is much smaller.  I give him a list he shops and delivers it to me.  No browsing the aisles and picking up all those little extras.  I wonder how I will go when I'm finally let loose.
Same here  Mab, but I think for us it is going to be some time.  DD picks up bits but mostly we are having things delivered.

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #23872 on: May 03, 2020, 07:36:33 am »
Restrictions eased it NSW on Friday. You may shop for non essentials and 2 adults may visit a home regardless of how many people live there. I stopped into Aldi on the way home from work and it was crowded. It seemed that there was a lack of regard for the 1.5m. As I was waiting at the checkout, the lady behind me started to unpack her shopping and brushed up against me. She was way too close.

Today DH and I went for drive. We drove through the open shopping centre which has the carpark in the middle. People were linning up to get into K.mart and there wasn't 1.5m inbetween them.  Level 3 elective surgery starts up on Monday.
Everything seems to be happening too soon.
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23873 on: May 03, 2020, 08:56:39 am »
Mich, I agree. I feel it is too soon as well. I see where a school  in Victoria has had a teacher diagnosed with Covid 19. Not very good.
DD came shopping with me a couple of weeks ago to make it quicker. She ended up walking around with her arms held out at 45 degrees to her body and seeing the eagles football song. People gave her a wide berth as they thought she was crazy. It had the desired affect.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23874 on: May 03, 2020, 01:02:51 pm »
Kids have been helping getting the rams out of the mobs . DS was very tiered by the end of the day , he got a toastie lamb and mint sauce in the paddock . Drove DH around checking the new spreader (lime)was working!! In the end the front end loader tractor sprung an oil leak big time . In between I was trying to make a marinade for chicken tonight . We will have it tomorrow night now .

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #23875 on: May 03, 2020, 09:48:26 pm »
That's hillarious Cookie - very good thinking.

I'm exhausted just reading about all you did Katie.

Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23876 on: May 04, 2020, 01:30:18 am »
Cookie, Ral and I had a good laugh at your DD actions.  Should be more of it.
KAtie, you could do with some of the Flavour Bombs I am developing.  Used the first one this morning to add to chicken thighs.  So easy.  You make a lot and freeze in individual containers.  When needed , just add to protein and either marinade and cook or as a simmer sauce.  This one is 1 Tablespoon of each,  sweet chilli sauce, soy, and maple syrup, and 1/2 tablespoon of TMX Veggie stick. This is enough for 1 k of protein. This does not freeze solid.
 No liquid added as enough will come from the chicken. 

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23877 on: May 04, 2020, 01:34:44 am »
4 chicken thighs, about 500 g.  I flavour bomb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #23878 on: May 04, 2020, 03:58:38 am »
DD came shopping with me a couple of weeks ago to make it quicker. She ended up walking around with her arms held out at 45 degrees to her body and seeing the eagles football song. People gave her a wide berth as they thought she was crazy. It had the desired affect.

Your daughter sounds like a character Cookie, would have liked to have seen that!  ;D

Chookie, liking the sound of your flavour bombs.  Looking forward to seeing what else you come up with. They would be perfect for those days when you don't want to put too much effort into dinner and yet want something tasty, well done.   :D

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23879 on: May 04, 2020, 06:57:00 am »
Julie, as usual you have hit the nail on the head. I have got tired of the time that it takes to gather the ingredients together. It was sheer bliss this morning to pop a prepared bomb into the SC with the chicken.