Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6117838 times)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #23850 on: April 27, 2020, 11:08:01 pm »
K ATIE , Great way to celebrate DS Birthday.  Bet he loved all the food.  My DD Birthday today.
I would normally make her a cake to take to work, but with this Coronavirus there is no shared food at work.  However I will make her a Sticky Date Pud and a Lemon Feather Cake. She is very particular with the social distancing, so will not be sharing a meal together.
The Source Bulk foods is organizing an order on line and pickup at store.  I can’t get the order form to down load.  First day so there may be some bugs in the process OR it could be me.   :-[

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #23851 on: April 28, 2020, 01:57:06 am »
Wow, Katie that was a birthday feast. Lemon feather cake sounds yummy.
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23852 on: April 28, 2020, 06:22:36 am »
KAtie a busy day but it sounds like a delicious one. I had a lovely surprise this morning. My hairdresser rang and said she is not open but she and her 2IC are at work. They were ringing regulars and offering them an appointment. There will only be the client and them in the hairdressers. I jumped at the chance as I'm looking rather wild and messy now.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23853 on: April 28, 2020, 07:12:24 am »
DS is still in food coma !
A more settled day here. Cooking .
Having a yoga zoom class tonight .
Must remember to pick up DH early .
Drone flying going on it takes amazing pictures, mm DS and DD are out there now taking photos of DD !!

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #23854 on: April 28, 2020, 10:49:13 am »
KAtie a busy day but it sounds like a delicious one. I had a lovely surprise this morning. My hairdresser rang and said she is not open but she and her 2IC are at work. They were ringing regulars and offering them an appointment. There will only be the client and them in the hairdressers. I jumped at the chance as I'm looking rather wild and messy now.

WA, is relaxing restrictions, so hairdressers should be ok. NSW is relaxing restrictions as of Friday - Im not so sure. Relaxing restrictions as we are coming up to winter may be pre-emptive.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #23855 on: April 28, 2020, 09:56:37 pm »
Michelle, I tend to agree with you, I am concerned that things may go 'belly up' soon and people may not be as willing to self isolate again if it comes to that.  Already, in Melbourne, I am noticing far more people on the streets and lots more traffic.  My fingers are crossed that all will be well.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23856 on: April 28, 2020, 10:24:19 pm »
Today we go out.  Has been 2 week since we have been ‘out’. Ral  has to have a blood test to see if his platelets are still low. Because the Dr puts urgent on the pathology slip, he goes straight in.
I also have to go to the PO to post a letter. 
Our hairdresser keeps sending messages to say she is open from the middle of next month. We will hang out as long as possible.  I even put my hair in rollers yesterday as I couldn’t stand it much longer.
I share Marina’s concern. I think people are getting tired of the isolation.   

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #23857 on: April 29, 2020, 05:48:48 am »
Today I have been giving DD bread lessons via the phone and texts.  She rang from the supermarket to ask what she needed and it went from there.  She has made a very nice loaf of No Fuss Bread in a 20cm cake tin as she didn't have a bread tin..  I rose so much I thought it might overflow.    Looks like I might have to give her my spare bread tin. 
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23858 on: April 29, 2020, 12:08:04 pm »
We are having restaurants and bars etc opening fairly soon. Hairdressers and beauticians not yet.
Like everyone I am very concerned about relaxing the rules. I haven’t been overly worried about the Covid 19 but I am concerned about what may happen now.

I’ve been chasing up our flu needle. Our GP doesn’t have any and doesn’t know when he will be getting more in.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23859 on: April 29, 2020, 11:14:56 pm »
Another crazy day . We all went to Melbourne, DH to have cast off cam boot on , all of us to visit GP for flu shoot ! Mobile school on line ! Visited DM that made the kids so happy but hard no hugs . It poured on the way home . Stopped at Wilsons to get needed supplies . School worked ok , teacher was amazed at dedication of DD . Mostly worked .
DH was worn out and his foot scrars are massive !
We had so much trouble getting the flu shot that I resorted to going to Melbourne for them and they had to hold them for us . I was told May / June .
And yes today started early with DD doing a maths test that happened yesterday , so up starting at 7.30 to do it before school . I only jumped up to put heater a stoke fire 🔥.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23860 on: April 30, 2020, 01:54:26 am »
I have a packet of no knead Wholemeal flour.  Will make a loaf to their recipe.  It has double the amount of yeast that I would normally add. Will make 1/2 recipe to see what it is like. 
Good day to tidy some kitchen drawers.

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #23861 on: April 30, 2020, 06:09:43 am »
Hairdressers and beauticians not yet.

I think that each state is different too confuses people. In NSW hairdressers can open (some have, some haven't) beauticians are closed.

I don't know how you fit everything in Katie.

Work today and we were 3/4 full now certain elective surgeries have restarted. We will have to stay at that capacity as every patient needs there own room.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23862 on: April 30, 2020, 08:49:27 am »
I had my hair cut today and a coffee and long chat with the hairdresser. I felt so bad for her as she was saying if she can't get back to work at full capacity she may lose her business, she was quite upset over it. I feel for those that have small businesses.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #23863 on: April 30, 2020, 11:25:57 am »
Sometimes I have no idea how I fit it all in either .
DH slept in ! I made sausage rolls and soup for DD and DS , they demolished the sausage rolls for lunch . Checked my chooks , they are slowing down laying . But one is unwell , think she is the oldest called Lucky , sad we love having them , they do bring me such joy and boy the amount of money I have saved .
DH has realised how incapacitated he is !

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #23864 on: April 30, 2020, 10:11:53 pm »
KAtie, I feel for your poor DH.  I had a bad ankle for 2 weeks and nearly went off my head not being able to get around. Better now.
Didn’t get much done yesterday. Spent a lot of time on the phone.  Try and ring several friends once a week, who are in Isolation and live by themselves. 
Working on the Flavour Bombs. Aiming at using them in TMX , SC and with Tray Bakes.
Ral  back to weekly blood tests.  Trying to give the platelets a boost with steroids. We will cope.