Author Topic: Disappointed with Festive Cooking Class  (Read 27760 times)

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
Re: Disappointed with Festive Cooking Class
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2010, 07:57:03 am »
I didn't have a home demo and was able to buy my machine as I saw it at the Newdegate Field Days. Perhaps Vorwerk need to have a list of consultants on their website so people can contact one in their area.

I didn't have a delivery demo either as my consultant is three hours away. I did eventually have a Varoma demo, but wasn't that enthused and don't like the Full Steam Ahead book anyway.

I've often thought that I'd love to be a consultant, but I don't think I could cope with the rules. I don't like following rules when marketing a product, I prefer companies which let you run your business the way you want to.

As someone who is a long way from anywhere where classes are held or demos are available, I appreciate this forum and have learned so much more here than I could ever learn in a face to face class.

Thank you all

A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2010, 09:14:39 am »
Yes I agree MJ.  This forum is just amazing.  I often wonder how I would be progressing with my thermomix cooking if I hadn't been told about this forum.  I would probably just be sticking mainly to the EDC and converting a few recipes of my own. I wouldn't be using it half as much as I do now!!!  ;D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2010, 01:27:41 am »
Ditto here MJ and Chelsea. If I'm feeling a bit flat re TMX all I need is half an hour on here and I see photos of beautiful food or delicious sounding recipes and I'm inspired. If I have a problem someone on here has good advice for me.
I really believe that this forum has kept my love for the TMX firmly in place.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2010, 08:50:41 am »
i don't like the new look though :(
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2010, 08:55:03 am »
i don't like the new look though :(
  If you are talking about the forum, neither do I Karen.  What the ????  Lots of crosses in boxes, Cookie's avatar is the only one I can see at the moment, there is no colour and to be honest I just don't like it at all.  I feel as if I am on a completely different site.  I cannot even get it on my computer and had to use DH's. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2010, 09:19:31 am »
I don't like the new forum format either. :(  I'm having loads of trouble with it, password and posting.I can't see if I have messages and like Judy can't see peoples avatars. :(  I feel I have landed on a completely different site. ???
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2010, 09:51:11 am »
I imagine the forum will get back to normal over the next couple of days. I assume the migration to a new server happened today (that was posted a few days ago) and the missing image issues are just due to the move. (I've migrated a few smf forums and the images always have issues). Either the av's will be transferred across or you can just reupload them. The other broken image links will no doubt be fixed.

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2010, 09:54:13 am »
Though the avatar directory needs to be made writable to upload a new av.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2010, 10:16:52 am »
oh that is lookingbetter already - without the posts stretching all the way across the page!
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline zebraa

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2010, 12:11:08 pm »
It's such a shame that Australia has this sales model for the Thermomix.   In the UK it seems much more relaxed and you can order one direct from HQ without having to have a demo.

I disagree,  I think TMX need a demo to convince people it can do what it says. And that is why it can't just be sold in shops - it needs a consultant. Head office selling them also undermines the consultants and no one would do it - each demo is about 2 hours not inclusing travel or prep time and if they don't make enough then they won't do it and no one will buy anyway.

Head office should have done the forum though.

Offline wombleydoo

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2010, 10:27:08 pm »
I agree, Zebraa. I had to see the thermomix in action before I believed it did all it does. My friend was telling me about it and I just couldn't understand how one machine does all that. I reckon there should be kickbacks for sales from demo's though. I've "sold" two thermomixes by raving about them and there are two more "sales" in the pipeline from one of those people. No, I don't want to be a consultant, I just like bragging LOL (Oh, that sounds like pyramid selling... so maybe not LOL)

I got a call from a Brisbane consultant who got passed my email to head office about my disappointment with the Festive Cooking Class. I said it would have been nice to have got copies of the recipes they cooked on the night and that people who go to things like this like to feel special and indulged (esp at $30 a head). It doesn't cost much to do up some recipes nicely and photocopy them out etc. She asked if I bought the festive cookbook and I said no, because I didn't see why I should have had to pay an extra $10 to get the recipes. If they'd given the recipes they cooked, I probably would have bought the book for the rest of them (if you know what I mean). Anyway, she said she'd send me a festive cookbook, which is very nice of her, but I wasn't looking for a freebie, just wanted to give feedback. If they don't know, they can't do anything different next time.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 10:31:29 pm by wombleydoo »
Cathy
Living the QLD life with DH and 4 kids.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2010, 12:35:04 am »
Was yesterdays 'funny forum' the new look?  I could get up the first page but nothing would open when I tried. This morning I kept getting messages saying this site is down, then all of a sudden it came up. I don't understand.
My needs are simple, to get on here and have a good chat. I have withdrawal symptoms. My weiro squawks in the morning and if I get out of his sight for half an hour (spent on the forum) he calms down.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

stacelee

« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2010, 08:16:54 am »
I find it interesting that you received a phone call Wombleydoo....I filled in the feedback form at the Cyndi class asking to be contacted about a varoma demo...and giving my feedback about my displeasure with the class, I have also completed a survey that was emailed to me.  I have heard NOTHING from them.  That was part of the reason why I decided to buy the Kenwood as my second machine instead of a second jug for Tom.  I paid $1500 from Clive Peters, was able to put it on 24 months interest free and walked out of the shop with it on Saturday afternoon, within 20 minutes of seeing it demonstrated in store.  I've been using the machine now for five days and am not at all disappointed in my purchase.....but it wouldn't have been made if it wasn't for the Cyndi class and lack of contact from Thermomix.

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2010, 08:34:41 am »
Well after all of my carrying on in the thread about cooking classes, the festive class in my area has now been cancelled (karma I think ;)).  There were only 4 of us booked in.  The class was scheduled for Saturday (my birthday) and I was quite looking forward to getting out for the afternoon child-free and talking thermomix.  I guess I will get my money back now.

Offline Penji

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2010, 01:16:39 am »
I am glad I read this as I live in Hervey Bay and I would have to travel a great distance to attend these classes.  I also have a problem whereas I would like to buy an additional Servo Warmer but would have to get my very pregnant Consultant (who is also working with a toddler)  to do a three hour round trip to do a third demo which I could not possibly ask her to do.  I would like another Servo Warmer as they are so good, but I cannot understand why I have to go through all of this to get one.  Does the demo reward change so in the future it would be available to buy from the Company?

Penji