Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 9031845 times)

Offline Rowyfo

• View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #450 on: April 20, 2009, 11:43:26 am »
I'm making lasagne tonight... I think that is another 2 kg :p Or at least a 4 hour walk!!
Row

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: April 20, 2009, 11:58:31 am »
Today for lunch I had 1/2 BBQ chicken to use up and remembered reading on Brazen's website an idea from karenleigh wherein she cooked some potato strips in the TM in the basket, vegies in the varoma dish and the broken up chicken in the varoma tray.  I altered the times slightly as I like my vegies cooked and instead of mashing the potato as she did, I browned them in a little oil on the stove top.  Reheated the leftover gravy and voila, a quick lunch was enjoyed by dh and me.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 20, 2009, 03:07:52 pm »
Do you guys have the recipe for sautéed potatoes in your books? That's is also a great easy one for the family as a side. Let me know if not and I will post it for you. Its also used to make the Spanish Tortilla de Patatas.
Amanda

Spain

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #453 on: April 20, 2009, 03:19:01 pm »
Please post those Bron!!  :D :D

In the past 24 hrs upon Miss 3's requests we've made up homemade pizzas, cracker biscuits with the left over dough, soy milk, Honey Soy Stir Fry Mini Drumsticks and vegies, chocolate custard and Miss 3's favorite breakfast treat - a banana milkshake (Banana, Milk, a couple of ice blocks and a small drop of honey).  Oh and can't forget the yummy varoma raison bread - my fav!!
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #454 on: April 20, 2009, 07:37:20 pm »
Ok will do!
Amanda

Spain

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #455 on: April 21, 2009, 01:25:58 am »
Please post those Bron!!  :D :D

In the past 24 hrs upon Miss 3's requests we've made up homemade pizzas, cracker biscuits with the left over dough, soy milk, Honey Soy Stir Fry Mini Drumsticks and vegies, chocolate custard and Miss 3's favorite breakfast treat - a banana milkshake (Banana, Milk, a couple of ice blocks and a small drop of honey).  Oh and can't forget the yummy varoma raison bread - my fav!!

Really giving the old machine a work out !!  ;) ;) ;D
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #456 on: April 21, 2009, 11:13:04 am »
Ha ha lol - yes Thermomixer!   ;D

All I've got in my kitchen is a frypan, the stove and oven, a slow cooker and the Thermomix!  Left XH all the rest and haven't looked back!!!

So most of what we do is in the Thermomix!

besides it's a much healthier and easier way!
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #457 on: April 22, 2009, 11:00:01 am »
i am currently cooking the cauliflower & date curry from the blog though mine has become a cauliflower, fig and green bean curry due to a lack of ingredients lol

dh has taken ryan out star gazing tonight and the girls had nuggets and chips so i seized the opportunity to have soemthing a little spicy - yum! smelling good....

earlier today i had a disaster trying to cook amaranth for my breakfast lol then i made a GF packet cake mix in it, then did boiled eggs for the kids' lunch.
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline wombleydoo

• View Profile
« Reply #458 on: April 22, 2009, 01:14:23 pm »
I accidently made a 3 course dinner tonight. I had the inlaws visiting for dinner.

After lunch I made pumpkin soup and mushroom soup (both recipes in the TMX everyday cookbook).

We had Roast Pork, roast potato and pumpkin and gravy (cooked in the electric frypan)

I whipped up a coconut custard pie (which is really impossible pie) in the TMX, cooked in the oven

Made apple sauce in the TMX while the soup heated in the microwave

Steamed the carrots, beans and zuchini while we ate the soup.

It was soooo easy. And not much washing up!! I washed up soupbowls etc while everyone served themselves main course. The kids washed up the main course dishes. The kids were so excited to be having a 3 course meal. You'd think they'd never had one before... they probably haven't LOL
Cathy
Living the QLD life with DH and 4 kids.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: April 22, 2009, 01:28:33 pm »
Lucky in-laws Cathy and nice that the kids appreciate your cooking.  Takes me back to when my girls were very young and they used to wash up the dishes from the usual 3 course dinner I would serve guests at dinner parties.  They got to eat all the courses too whilst they were out in the back room watching TV and I paid them $2 each for the dish washing after each course - it was 25 years ago so wasn't child labour ::) ::)  They both turned into very good cooks.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: April 23, 2009, 05:55:00 am »
For lunch today we had lamb in red wine (my own conversion but needs to be tweaked further before putting it on the forum) and swiss rosti with steamed green vegies.  dh asked what he was eating then told me he was enjoying it all. Is there a swiss rosti recipe in the latest vegie book?  If not, I will post my version.

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #461 on: April 23, 2009, 10:44:58 am »
For lunch today we had lamb in red wine (my own conversion but needs to be tweaked further before putting it on the forum) and swiss rosti with steamed green vegies.  dh asked what he was eating then told me he was enjoying it all. Is there a swiss rosti recipe in the latest vegie book?  If not, I will post my version.
Judy, I would love to see your version.
The recipe in the first everyday book bears almost no resemblance to any rosti I've ever seen!!
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: April 23, 2009, 12:33:07 pm »
OK Amanda, I have posted my version of a swiss rosti cake in the vegie section.
As far as the one in the everyday cookbook (pge 45) is concerned, I agree with you.  All I do with this one is grate 3 raw potatoes on speed 5 for 2 seconds, add an egg and mix in by hand.  This makes 6 individual rostis (or mock fish as we call them in our house).

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #463 on: April 23, 2009, 11:28:34 pm »
that sounds like a rosti to me! lol
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #464 on: April 24, 2009, 01:03:26 am »
The cookbook version ends up more with potato pancakes.  Brazen's DH had problems with this before.  As judydawn has done - a couple of seconds chop is all that is needed.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.