Author Topic: Cyndi's Changing Habits, Changing Lives  (Read 3868 times)

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
Cyndi's Changing Habits, Changing Lives
« on: November 23, 2009, 12:32:49 pm »
I've been listening to the CD's while I've been cooking and cleaning (cause I'm going to Perth then Sydney and will be away for a week). Wow, there's some amazing info there. I'm still disseminating it all.
A couple of things I'm finding are contradictory. She recommends using soy flour quite readily in her recipe book, but then issues a warning about soya consumption on the CD. I use soy milk in my tea and coffee (which I've cut down on since listening to the CD!) and that's all. I tried rice milk, but it's awfully sweet and there's oil floating on the surface of my cuppa!!

She says that real corn cornflour is yellow. The one I buy is white, has it been bleached? I thought you could get white corn and that's what is used....

Cyndi says that Amaranth flour won't keep very long out of the fridge because of it's high Vitamin E content. Vitamin E is an antioxidant, it's used to keep oils from going rancid. So that just doesn't make sense.

Cyndi also pushes macadamia oil over all others. I have researched oils and rice bran and grapeseed are the best if you plan to fry anything as they will not oxidise at high temps. Macadamia is indeed a lovely oil, but do not cook with it. Don't cook with olive oil either. It will also oxidise at high temperatures.

I am thrilled to have found Cyndi's books as much of what she says I already believed, she actually provides the research behind the belief. Anyone else have her CD's or books? I'm planning to buy the book as well as the information is really valuable and I'd like to see it in print.

A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand