Author Topic: Does hot liquid make the TM go into cooking mode?  (Read 2732 times)

Offline pamb52

• View Profile
Does hot liquid make the TM go into cooking mode?
« on: December 29, 2011, 06:54:00 am »
I tried making an Italian meringue where you beat the egg whites, then add hot sugar syrup. My TM showed 70 on the heat button and I could not get it to turn off the heating mode and just beat with no temperature so the egg whites/syrup would cool down and thicken. Is this because I added the hot syrup?

Offline Shayla

• View Profile
Re: Does hot liquid make the TM go into cooking mode?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 07:06:48 am »
It is not in cooking mode just indicating the temperature of the contents of the jug - very useful wehn cooling something as it shows the temperature dropping. You need to actually press the temperature and set the timer before cooking will occur. Then the light of the temperature you set flashes until it reaches that temperature and you will see the lights light up as it gets there.
Enjoy your machine!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 09:00:51 pm by Shayla »

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
Re: Does hot liquid make the TM go into cooking mode?
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 07:50:33 am »
Shayla is spot on - it was only showing you the temp it was at so you will be able to beat them to cool down and thicken. Like Shayla said you would also then be able to see the temp drop as it happened. Once it was cooler than 70 degrees that light would have gone out and the 60 degree light would have come on until it was too cool to even light up the 37 degree light. By then your meringue would have been cool and thick  ;)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!