Author Topic: Turkish Delight in TMX?  (Read 11712 times)

Offline sares

• View Profile
    • Vegiemix
Re: Turkish Delight in TMX?
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2011, 01:07:51 am »
Just to add - i found that my icing sugar coating dissolved into the turkish delight after awhile so i'd advise storing the turkish delight uncoated and only coat prior to serving.

Offline nazar

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2011, 05:26:15 am »
 thank you for posting it so quickly
its looks quite easy to do
l will look forward to eating this
yummo

South West WA AUSTRALIA

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2011, 05:52:53 am »
Thanks sares, I have everything I need except the cornstarch - luckily I picked up a big bottle of rosewater when I was out the other day.  Didn't know what I wanted it for but I will find that recipe again one day and in the meantime I have it for this one.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2011, 05:59:42 am »
Judy, rose water in Persian fruit salad, on my Blog, In icing on cup cakes and sponges. Orange blossom water in fruit salad.

Offline RosieB

• DGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2011, 10:39:09 am »
Wow.  I just love real Turkish Delight.  Have tried to make it several times with no luck  (I have never been able to find a genuine recipe that did not use gelatine so I was flying blind.  I did have some interesting results that resembled glue tho.)

As soon as I find some rose water I will be tring this out.   
I also like the lemon flavour.  Would that just need lemon juice added?  I have plenty of lemons so could try that until I go into town next.

There is a couple stores in Adelaide that sell 'Ladies Fingers'  It is a sweet very like baklava, but rolled up with nuts and turkish delight inside.  They look like cigars,  and sooo yummy.
Rosalie, from the Sunshine Coast, Qld.
Retired, full time carer for my 8YO Grandson with Asperger's Syndrome. 
I love gardening and cooking.

Offline sares

• View Profile
    • Vegiemix
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2011, 11:12:00 am »
Rosie - maybe lemon oil? I'm not sure if the acidity of the juice would disrupt the gel.... anyway whatever flavour you use it needs to be added right at the very end.

Apparently because my icing sugar dissolved it means that not enough evaporation occurred during the cooking. I left the MC off but that wasn't enough i guess. The original quantities were for a saucepan which has a lot more evaporation so i think next time i'll reduce the amount of water that is mixed with the cornstarch. According to a wise food nerd 705mls rather than 750ml.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2011, 06:46:20 am »
Thanks for the recipe Sares. I'll put a copy of it in desserts too.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2011, 11:12:00 am »
 :) Thanks Sares and welcome, I'm amazed everytime I log on at the information I gain from this forum, I will be giving this a try for xmas.  Today I made the "Milo" Yum, also whizzed up a LSA mix although the Milo has all the ingredients in it.  The Bacon Jam is a real favorite and I will be making my fourth batch tomorrow, everyone who tastes it wants to take some home.  Thanks again.

Offline Stephanie

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2011, 02:00:37 am »
Thanks Sares   :D - I have not had time to try making turkish delight yet and this will save me a lot of trial and error I suspect!

Re the rosewater - I made some cinnamon almonds (from the recipe on this forum) the other day and added 20ml of rosewater and 30ml of water rathar then 50ml of water and it worked quite well - it imparts a very subtle flavour and goes nicely with the cinnamon.