Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 8927152 times)

Offline marmee

• View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #975 on: July 05, 2009, 08:57:21 am »
Today is the first day I haven't used my TMX since it's arrival.  I *am* eating some left overs that were cooked in it last night though, so maybe that counts  lol
Marmee, intrigued by the TM and living in NSW Australia

Offline Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #976 on: July 05, 2009, 09:26:06 am »
Had a bit of a cooking weekend.  Roast pork loin stuffed with prunes and a potato and fennel gratin last night, sadly no thermomix (apart from making some breadcrumbs). Today I baked a loaf of spelt bread, milled from the grain, so pork sandwiches for lunch on Monday at work.  Tonight, pork meatballs and beans, with polenta made in the thermomix.  There were some very special Borlotti beans at the market this weekend, they only appear for about 2 weekends a year up here.  If anyone's interested in the bean recipe it is delicious (non thermomix though)

400g beans (preferably fresh but you can soak dried ones if you like)
4 sage leaves
2 mashed garlic cloves
salt and pepper

Add everything to a pan and cover with water by about 6-8cm, bring to a boil, and simmer for 45 minutes to an hour.  Strain the beans.

Then fry some garlic in a pan with a bit more chopped sage, add a couple of tins of tomatoes and the beans and cook for 20-30 minutes until sauce is thick.  So delicious, we have this once a year (with pork meatballs) but the beans are great on their own.  Maybe it could be adapted for the thermomix.

Offline marmee

• View Profile
« Reply #977 on: July 05, 2009, 09:33:46 am »
Ok - I tell a lie.  Just back from making some apple sauce.  My children love to eat pureed apple as a dessert - just on it's own.  So, it's made now  :)

Only, I don't think it's so nice with green apples.  Added sugar to compensate for tart taste.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #978 on: July 05, 2009, 09:57:55 am »
today i hosted a stampin' up party and made pull aparts (interesting) and fudge. they went down pretty well. i also made the usual pancakes for breakie of course ;) (we generally have buckwheat pancakes once on a weekend, most weekends)
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline marmee

• View Profile
« Reply #979 on: July 05, 2009, 10:03:00 am »
Do they have eggs in them, Karen?

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #980 on: July 05, 2009, 11:38:18 am »
yes they do, but i think you could use an egg replacer. the recipe's on my blog, let me know if you'd like me to share it here too :)
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline marmee

• View Profile
« Reply #981 on: July 05, 2009, 12:05:30 pm »
Ok - I was soooooo off the planet when I said I didn't use our TMX today.

Not only did I decide to make apple sauce, but also boil eggs for DS, make scrambled eggs for DH and grate parm!

So - day 10 and still in high use  :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: July 06, 2009, 07:22:42 am »
I have made the Beef & Guinness stew for tea tonight but had a clean out of the crisper and thrown in carrot, cabbage, zucchini and pumpkin instead of celery and mushrooms then added some frozen peas and beans with 5 minutes to go. Will do the mashed potato later.  Also did another batch of dishwashing and laundry goo and now have a lovely sparkling bowl again.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline UnConundrum

• View Profile
    • What I love to eat
« Reply #983 on: July 08, 2009, 03:09:08 am »
Made some tapioca yesterday as I needed a dessert fix ;)  Otherwise, working on the wood fired oven and not cooking much.  You can see pics by clicking HERE   Sort-of like waiting for your TM to arrive, once we're done with the oven, it has to temper for a few weeks with increasingly hot fires, starting out with just newspaper and on up to a full firing.  The purpose is to try to push moisture out of the masonry or it can expand and crack various components...  All in good time, but I can't wait to bake some bread :)

Also, this weekend is a BBQ competition, so... I'll continue among the missing.

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #984 on: July 08, 2009, 04:44:09 am »
and for dinner spag bowl, and then put pasta in like Pasta Fagioli turned our great.

I pulled this post from way back (sorry), but I'm just wondering if anyone else adds pasta to their bolognaise and if you need to add extra liquid to the bolognaise to do it??

Cheers, Chelsea  :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: July 09, 2009, 01:01:40 pm »
Had a friend visit this afternoon with her 7 & 10 year old grand-children so the 7 year old girl and I made a batch of Buttermilk scones, her doing all the work under my guidance.  Whilst they were cooking I asked them both if they would like a fruit drink, she said yes, he said no.  Made a jugful anyway with frozen watermelon, strawberries, bananas and 2 fresh oranges with some icecubes and a bit of water.  He saw what she was drinking and decided he did want a glass afterall then looked at me with such amazement in his face and asked 'how did you make this'.  OK, so I have impressed a couple of youngsters who are not exactly going to be in the hunt for kitchen appliances just yet but hopefully they will go home and rave about it to their parents who will then become curious and look into it a bit further.

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #986 on: July 09, 2009, 01:25:35 pm »
Well done JD! It's nice to dazzle them what ever the age!!  And it's wonderful to see their eyes full of amazement at something so healthy and nutritious!

I've been fairly quiet cooking. Just the usual mash, steamed vegies and variations with a meat dish thrown in for good measure.   Have made 2 loaves of cape seed bread today with the first one not working out (tried to let it rise overnight) so have just chopped it up and it's in the freezer ready to become bread crumbs.  Have also made the honey, lemon & ginger drink to chase away this cold.... (again or is that still??  ??? >:( ) . Tonight Miss 3 wanted to bake a cake. So after running through several options (including chocolate) she happily announced that it would be Brazen's Carrot Cake - I was most impressed  ;) ;D  So she has gone off to sleep blissfully dreaming of taking carrot cake to day care tomorrow.
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: July 10, 2009, 01:29:20 am »
Demonstrators menu.....demonstrators menu....demonstrators menu....demonstrators menu  :o :o :o :o lol

note : this will probably be for today and the whole weekend!!!  :-)) ;D
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: July 10, 2009, 01:53:32 am »
At least your family is still getting fed whilst you are practising Kathryn ;) ;) Have you done any demos yet?

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: July 10, 2009, 11:00:24 am »
I've just made Tandoori paste for chicken for dinner, naan bread to go with it and a potato and leek soup. Should help warm us up on this cool, rainy day.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/