Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 8974830 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #960 on: June 30, 2009, 01:37:00 pm »
Thanks Chelsea.  I used to subscribe to BH&G magazine myself until just recently - now I find the TV show is enough for me.  It is hard looking at recipes these days without wondering if it would be possible to convert them for the TMX.  Have a go - you might do it successfully.  I've had some failures with converting - what was it?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #961 on: June 30, 2009, 01:54:23 pm »

Thanks Chelsea.  I used to subscribe to BH&G magazine myself until just recently - now I find the TV show is enough for me.  It is hard looking at recipes these days without wondering if it would be possible to convert them for the TMX.  Have a go - you might do it successfully.  I've had some failures with converting - what was it?

I should have a go - am just being a bit lazy I think  ;D.  There were two recipes that really appealed (in a yummy and easy to convert way).  One was potato and salmon cakes with horseradish aioli and the other was a chilli and crab spaghetti (part of an advertisement for crab meat).  I will have a go at converting them soon and let you know.

Chelsea  :)

Offline Shayla

• View Profile
« Reply #962 on: June 30, 2009, 08:29:31 pm »
Tonight we made the salmon with salmon mousse stuffing and mango sauce from the Full Steam AheAad cookbook. It was delicious but think the recipe is designed for TM21 - processing of salmon mousse was much shorter than recipe. I had no fish stock so used a weak chicken stock. Sauce in picture looked like a mayonnaise - sauce we cooked did not thicken but delicious flavour. Loved the dish served with baby potatoes peas and carrots.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 04:18:45 pm by sjharrop »

• View Profile
« Reply #963 on: July 01, 2009, 12:10:24 pm »
Thermie and I were worn out after a big afternoon cook-up for a sick family member.  We cooked up some ginger nuts, pumpkin soup, guiness and beef stew and mashed potato, which were all greatly appreciated.  It still amazes me how much food we can whip up in a short amount of time.  Thankfully we had recoved enough to make some chocolate melting centre cakes for our dessert tonight - just divine! Another great forum recipe!

Offline marmee

• View Profile
« Reply #964 on: July 02, 2009, 04:05:21 am »
Ohh - off to find the chocolate recipe.....

And that guniess stew - is that one here too....off to check it out!
Marmee, intrigued by the TM and living in NSW Australia

• View Profile
« Reply #965 on: July 02, 2009, 05:02:57 am »
I hadn't cooked the chocolate melting centre cakes before, but they are just divine.  I couldn't get them out of the ramekins (admittedly I didn't try Thermomixers suggestion to double grease them though), so we just added some ice-cream on top and ate them out of the ramekins.  Yummmmmy!  I actually just ate the last one a minute ago - stone cold and still delish!

The Guinness and beef dish is a lovely winter warmers meal (in the main dish section).  I chopped the celery and carrot by hand yesterday and threw it in and I think I preferred the texture that way.  Both options are in the recipe anyway.  :)

P.S - Just made some macadamia and lime fudge in the tmx.  Will post the recipe later today if it passes the taste test.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #966 on: July 02, 2009, 08:48:23 am »
Tonight we made the salmon with salmon mousse stuffing and mango sauce from the Full Steam AheAad cookbook. It was delicious but think the recipe is designed for TM21 - precessing of salmon mousse was much shorter than recipe. I had no fish stock so used a weak chicken stock. Sauce in picture looked like a mayonnaise - sauce we cooked did not thxken but delicious flavour. Loved the dish served with baby potatoes peas and carrots.

I think that the recipe should have been for the TM31 - it was only released with the new all plastic Varoma in 2007.

I don't have the book (as such) but wonder how much broth was left in the TM bowl after steaming?  I would possibly whip the cream before making the rest of the recipe and not cook it, but just mix in with the broth and yoghurt before service ?

With the stuffing - wonder if it would be best to do the butter by itself the add the salmon with the rest of the stuffing ingreds?
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #967 on: July 02, 2009, 09:04:39 am »
Thermie and I were worn out after a big afternoon cook-up for a sick family member.  We cooked up some ginger nuts, pumpkin soup, guiness and beef stew and mashed potato, which were all greatly appreciated.  It still amazes me how much food we can whip up in a short amount of time.  Thankfully we had recoved enough to make some chocolate melting centre cakes for our dessert tonight - just divine! Another great forum recipe!

Good work - good Samaritan - it is amazing how much the little machine can do.

Credit where credit is due - the chocolate recipe is originally from the Australian Thermomix recipe pages - http://thermorecipes.blogspot.com/2008/03/march-chocolate-melting-centre-cakes.html before the Forum was developed.  The recipe was posted here on the forum http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=35.0
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #968 on: July 03, 2009, 12:21:30 pm »
Am feeling really guilty...as have been too busy to even get near internet recently! Missing you all! Hope find I some time soon, but am struggling in-between work, 3 kids off school, beach, pool and painting the apartment!
Have made lentil stew, alioli (no eggs, just garlic and oil and lemon juice OMG it works....a thick garlic spread!) and a really nice Empanada, not too sure how to explain what it is in English (ideal party food, snack etc) its a pastry pie that covers the entire tray of oven and this one is filled with dates, bacon, cheese and ham (lovely combination) to be eaten cold. Am making one again on Friday to take to a party so will try and take a photo of finished product, DH loved it! ;D ;D ;D
Is it a full pie, Bron - so pastry both top and bottom?  Could you post a recipe for it, please?  This sounds like a good one to have on hand for quick picnics, etc.  Our school holidays start at 1pm today, so DD will be home all the time.  But it's another 2-3 weeks before her friends from other schools are on holiday.  Could be interesting ....  Especially as my energy levels are in the basement at the moment.  Ah well, never mind.  It'll be lovely to have her around - I don't feel like I've had enough time with her recently.

I've been incredibly slack recently.  Today I've made a 2 lots of bread dough - one white and one brown.  I'll make some into rolls for the freezer, and some into Pizzas.  That's it - all I've done.  And I didn't do anything at all yesterday  :-))
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #969 on: July 03, 2009, 12:26:23 pm »
Yes Caroline its pastry up and down. Made it last night to take to a party, along with  HUGE cheesecake and Banoffee Pie. Hope it all goes down well.
Will post it for you at the weekend!
Amanda

Spain

• View Profile
« Reply #970 on: July 03, 2009, 01:02:33 pm »
I've been incredibly slack recently.  Today I've made a 2 lots of bread dough - one white and one brown.  I'll make some into rolls for the freezer, and some into Pizzas.  That's it - all I've done.  And I didn't do anything at all yesterday  :-))

I remember those lethargic moments well.  Try not to beat yourself up about things - you are growing a baby which is a hugely tiring job.  I didn't take enough time to just sit back and appreciate all that was happening during my pregnancy and was forever pushing myself to keep up with everything.  This amazing time will fly by so quickly - your thermomix may need to be a little patient!

Chelsea :)

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #971 on: July 04, 2009, 03:20:08 am »
I have just made the Torte Caprese for a dinner party tonight.
I have been fairly slack of late as the kids are on holiday.  Slow mornings and lazy days!
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: July 04, 2009, 07:22:14 am »
First day of school holidays and a busy one lol....meat stock is in cooking, chicken is next. Then sometime today there will be copious amounts of butter made ready for baking and eating along with playdough, bread, apple sauce, yoghurt cakes and bisc for the kids and strogonoff for dinner  :o OMG then tomorrow is cleaning day in the TMX - more washing goo, dishwasher goo and a bash at liquid soap  :)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #973 on: July 04, 2009, 09:02:36 am »
i finally have all the stuff to make the laundry goo and hand soap! will try tomorrow hopefully
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: July 05, 2009, 06:42:01 am »
I am rather pleased with myself today.  First time I have used my TMX in over a week ( ??? ???) and DD asked me to make some mini quiches for grandson's 1st birthday next Sunday.  Decided to see if I could make them completely (apart from the baking of course) in the TMX and I did ;) ;) My oven door won't close at the moment so I used my weber, gee am I glad I have that as a back-up! So, I made 2 batches of shortcrust pastry and the filling - no stove work at all.  These freeze really well so it is a good job out of the way.
Then this afternoon I made a pot of beef, veg & pearl barley soup - smells just delicious.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 10:12:30 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.