Author Topic: Fab Diet!  (Read 47484 times)

Offline bron

• View Profile
Fab Diet!
« on: March 25, 2009, 12:44:41 am »
Anyone interested in a diet?
I work in a hospital, and one of the Drs gave me this diet. Its based on fruit and vegetable juices, 5 huge juices a day, for a week. A real vitamin booster! I did it after xmas and lost 5 kilos in a week, it was fantastic. Especially as its only a liquid diet, you don't have to cook meals for the family and meals for you as its only a juice, I honestly found it really easy. And I promise, I never went hungry, the greengrocer in the village became my best friend....as I spent mega bucks that week on fresh fruit and veg $$$$$
However am going to try to adapt it to make in THX, instead of the juice extractor, so if anyone would like to try it let me know. It may sound very difficult , but it's really easy and it works. Plus I haven't gained a single kilo. Its a real detox, and cleanses you through. (First 2 or 3 days, I must have weed at least 100 times!)
I reckon that this is what the hollywood stars do, as have read somewhere that top models comment on eating only raw fruit and veg to keep their figures!

Let me know if you are interested! ;)  As I am going try and lose the next 5 kilos! The juices taste really nice too.

Amanda

Spain

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
Re: Fab Diet!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 01:47:48 am »
LOL good luck bron!

i will leave you to it as i HAVE to eat gluten atm as i'm having the biopsy for coeliac disease done in the next month. maybe later  :P
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 06:34:36 am »
Hi Amanda - I would be interested to see how you go.  Maybe also willing to try  :-\ :-\ :-\

My stepson did a similar diet and I tried - he lost 10 kg over a few weeks.  I lost 5 kg in 2 weeks then , despite sticking to the diet religiously managed to put on 2 kg !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I LOVE cooking and eating - so the trauma of dieting for 6 weeks and losing only a couple of kilos has scarred me.  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 07:24:57 pm »
Well have bought almost all the ingredients and will start on Wednesday or Thursday, will keep you posted. It has worked really well for me, and although I also love my food, I do find it easy as the juices are soooo delicious and filling!  ;D
Amanda

Spain

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 02:13:08 pm »
Hi Bron,
if the first juice works well in the TM, please count me in and give me the recipes  ;D  I'm very interested to do it with you, but know that I won't do it if I can't make it in my Thermomix.  Got to be realistic, I guess.  I also know I'm unlikely to do it by myself, so I'd love to do it with you.

Let me know
Caroline
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 10:23:41 pm »
Fantastic! How about I start on Thursday, and post the juices daily. And you start a day or two later! To give you time to buy the fruit and veg. Its my 40th end of April and I would love to lose that spare tyre lurking for then! ;D
Its a real detox. So be ready, my neighbour lost 5 kilos last week doing it too..... the juices are yummy! If some of the fruit is out of season just improvise. I couldn't get water melon last time or peaches so I just used melon and pears, and it was perfect too!
Amanda

Spain

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 10:25:52 pm »
Caroline, unless you would like to start too on Thursday and I post the juices previously, however not too sure of exact measurements, speeds and times as will be a first in THX, only have done in juice extractor ???
Let me know...
Amanda

Spain

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 02:35:19 pm »
Hi Bron,
I think I'll be chicken and wait for you to post them with TMX instructions  ;D ;D  I haven't got to grips with juices in the  TMX yet.  But here's a great opportunity to change that!   No doubt I'll be a professional by the end of next week   :D

I'm quite excited, actually.  I'd just tried on my long dress which I need for 2 events within the next 5 weeks, only to find it wouldn't quite zip up  :o :o  So this comes just at the right time.  Plus, I'd been trying to get the motivation together to do a detox anyway.  So 2 birds with one stone - can't be bad  :D

I've got a box of organic fruit arriving tomorrow, ready.  I know I'll still need to get some bits in, but I figured it would be a good start.  And I'll take your advice on substituting things which are out of season.

I'm on a date with DH tomorrow evening (first in I don't know how long!), so I'll make the most of it before I have to behave myself with the juices  :D

I've also decided that even if it doesn't work properly with the TMX, I'll still go ahead and join you.  I really do need a detox, and although cleaning a juicer is my pet hate in life, I guess I could do it if I really, really, really had to  ;) ;D  Fingers crossed that it all works out well with the TMX!  :D
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2009, 03:25:12 am »
Good on both of you.  It will be interesting to see the juice recipes and hear how you go.
Caroline enjoy your date.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2009, 12:04:55 pm »
Thanks, Cookie.   :)

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2009, 07:32:00 pm »
Well have given them a few trials and am not impressed! They are just too thick, this morning have tried and added ice, water and one orange, but still too thick, will give it another go in the morning with 1 lemon too. Will keep you posted! But may have to resign to doing it in the juice extractor :( :( :( :-\ :-\ :-\
Amanda

Spain

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2009, 03:12:35 pm »
Bah humbug  :( :( :( :-\   Quick prayer going up that a way is found to get it working with the TMX.  Standing by to reluctantly lift down the juicer, though  :P

How about sticking a recipe up on the recipe conversion thread and see if one of the experts can help us??

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2009, 06:21:44 pm »
ok! Will do! Lets see if anyone can work out how to convert the juice to THX!
Amanda

Spain

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2009, 01:48:30 am »
I see from the Contents page that there is something on juicing in the Everyday cookbook - but don't have it at hand - not sure which edition it is in.

I have never prduced juice -  :-[ :-[ have used my juicer.  :-[ :-[
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline baf65

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2009, 01:51:53 am »
I did post in another bit, but Im thinking that its because when using TMX to make juice you use the whole fruit/veg not just xtract the juice, so therefore need less of the fruit/veg as you are getting the pulp too
Eg...at a cooking class I went to they used a few blood plums, 3 ice cubes, cup (or maybe a bit more)  of water and that produced a whole 1 litre jug of juice
If you post a 'recipe' we can compare it to how they suggest TMX makes juices