Author Topic: Honey Mustard Chicken  (Read 179154 times)

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
Re: Honey Mustard Chicken
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2010, 08:59:11 am »
You could always try adding the chicken in the last minutes of cooking.  I add 2cm diced raw chicken to my risottos with 7 minutes left of cooking and it is always cooked perfectly.  :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2010, 08:17:50 am »
I used my leftover Honey Mustard Turkey in some medium sized vol-au-vents for tea tonight - delicious.

I made another batch, using 2cm diced fresh chicken this morning (adjusting times to suit such small pieces) to fill some tiny bite sized cases for grand-daughter's birthday party tomorrow.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2010, 10:03:15 am »
Fabulous photo Judy, and your meal looks delish!  8)
Hope your Grand Daughter has a lovely Birthday  :)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2010, 10:27:45 am »
Thanks maddy, I'm sure she will. 38oC here though but at least they now have a pool so guess that's where all the action will be.  DD is attempting to make a birthday cake incorporating little cake pops using the cake cup mold I gave her so if it is any good (sounds like I have no faith in my DD :D) I'll take a photo to show you.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2010, 11:02:09 am »
Thanks maddy, I'm sure she will. 38oC here though but at least they now have a pool so guess that's where all the action will be. 

:P we get your heat for New Years Eve!

DD is attempting to make a birthday cake incorporating little cake pops using the cake cup mold I gave her so if it is any good (sounds like I have no faith in my DD :D) I'll take a photo to show you.

Will love to see them  :)  Just hope they don't melt into pools of chocolate on the day  :P 
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2010, 03:23:05 am »
We love sending our heat over to you. :D

Judy I hope you GD has a wonderful birthday. We have DD's tomorrow, but she will be at work so if she's not going out we'll just have a family dinner. She still likes a cake though, but then so do I and I'm a lot older than her. :-))
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2010, 01:18:29 pm »
made this last night for some unexpected guests and it was really nice..dont really see why the tumeric is in it though other than to make it bright yellow..might try it without it next time to see..i also added a little more mustard and honey and it wasnt too much at all..it was a perfect blend of savoury sweet or sweet and sour..

i made it with brons garlic rice and the varoma full of vegies cut up in cubes or small pieces sprinkled with lemon pepper.. I made the chicken first but i put the chicken pieces (cubed) in the basket until the last 6 minutes of cooking where i put it back into the sauce and the chicken was perfect and in tact  after as someone else suggested i kept it warm while cooking the rice and vegies together..

all in all a very nice meal!

thanks for posting  :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline NICKY 74

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2011, 07:22:28 am »
just searching for something to cook tonight with some pork thats needs using today and think i will give this a try. like the idea of adding carrots maddie so will try 1 carrot and 1 zucchini as we have 50 million of them in the garden! will let you all know how it goes with pork, fingers crossed. nicky  :-\
the answer is chocolate, who cares what the question is!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2011, 07:34:30 am »
I'm sure it will be fine Nicky, I certainly had plans to do it myself using pork fillet.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2011, 09:03:50 am »
Probably too late Nicky.....my only suggestion would be to increase the mustard quantity  ;)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline NICKY 74

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2011, 10:07:46 am »
no not too late maddy, went down the road for a spa at mum & dads house, so now dinner is about to be late! lucky i prepared it earlier. good thing you suggested more mustard as i was a bit heavy handed with it by accident! its all cooking as we speak! smelling good already, 15 mins left to run!

Offline NICKY 74

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2011, 03:39:44 pm »
verdict: everyone went back for more! :P
honey and mustard pork
followed original recipe, also added 1 carrot and 1 zucchini at onion stage.
only had 350gr pork, so added some broccoli with 10mins left to cook and thawed frozen peas with 2 mins left. was all cooked perfectly, cant believe my 2 & 3 year olds ate it all (twice) (mind you i did starve them this arvo!)
did try to post photo but it was too big again, when i tried to resize it, i couldnt find it!!! ???
seems this recipe is so versatile. thanks to everyone involved.
nicky

Offline Shiraz49

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2011, 11:51:47 pm »
Have got to try this recipe but I am now confused as to what direction to take -  stick to the original, add extra veg or use pork. Great to have some many options.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2011, 11:54:11 pm »
Can I suggest that this recipe would be a great filling for crepes - another one for the mix  :D

Offline Katya

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2011, 08:27:46 am »
I did this for dinner last night - used chicken thigh meat and yoghurt instead of cream as those were what I had to hand.   It was a great success and will certainly be one of our regular dishes.   The good thing about it (apart from it tasting so good) is that it's so versatile and I usually have all of the ingredients at home (except the meat)

Thanks for posting it and for all the useful feedback  :-*