Author Topic: Failsafe Diet-Elimination Diet  (Read 22156 times)

Offline mr13

• View Profile
Failsafe Diet-Elimination Diet
« on: January 03, 2012, 01:02:34 am »
Hi TM!
I have bought a TM to try to follow this diet more strictly.
Does anyone have any TM receipes that are failsafe that they can send me :)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Failsafe Diet-Elimination Diet
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 08:20:21 am »
This forum member follows the Failsafe Diet and has this blog about her experiences.
http://realfailsafemeals.blogspot.com/
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline mr13

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 05:04:52 am »
thank you kindly!

Offline greenie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 11:43:37 am »
Hiya!

I can put my hand half up.  Doing a very strict elimination diet at the moment... FODMAP with no amines or salicylates :(  basically I can eat rice & chicken  :P 

FODMAP = fermentable oligosacharides, disacharides, monosacharides and polysacharides.  It's a VERY long list of what I can't eat, but includes all fruit, some veg, onion, garlic, leeks, shallots. 

So there is quite a lot of failsafe stuff I can't eat.  Will pop back here with recipes if and when I create them - at the moment I'm just eating rice!  It seems to be working though, so that's something :)

I'm hoping to make some 'vegie stock' with celery, some root veg and salt tonight.  It won't be anything to write home about, but better than nothing I reckon.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 01:21:25 pm »
Greenie I think you will be surprised at how much your stock will add flavour even with your limitations. Let us know how it turns out  :) I don't envy you!! I really should doing more elimination but it is just too hard sometimes - plus I think some of the family would rebel ... if they would just move out instead I would be rather inspired lol
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline mr13

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 07:50:55 am »
Thanks Greenie, that would be great.

Geez sounds like you are doing it tough :o

Looking forward to understanding more!

Offline Molly

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 10:41:26 pm »
Hi all,  for more recipe ideas and for LOTS OF support,  have a look at "Failsafe Eating Support Group" on facebook.  http://www.facebook.com/FailsafeEatingSupportGroup?ref=ts  I think it's a private group,  you just need to ask to join.  There are many people there doing GF, DF, low FODMAP... as well as FAILSAFE.  There are also some more Failsafers with Thermomixers sharing recipes.

Also, of course,  www.fedup.com.au.

Good luck!!
Mother of DD 10,  DD7,  DS3,  DS9m.
FAILSAFE diet for low salicylates, amines and glutamates and baaaad food additives.
My FAILSAFE recipe blog:  http://realfailsafemeals.blogspot.com/

Offline greenie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 05:37:47 am »
Thanks for the support everyone :)

I can totally put my hand up now!  :P  The dietician has put me on fodmap AND strict failsafe elimination.  Unfortunately it is still not working, but the kids have decided to do a 3 week failsafe test too, which is making cooking easier.  I am a busy beaver in the kitchen atm, so will post recipes in the 'special diet' section when I get them sussed.

Thank god I have a TMX - i don't know how people do it without one.

Offline Ceejay

• View Profile
    • wisdom comes in many misguided forms
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 02:33:13 pm »
How did you go Greenie?  I'm very intrigued to see how things have been for you... since I'm being directed towards this diet too.  :-))
The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a star.
~Anthelme Brillat-Savarin~

I don't always cook!  Sometimes I even parent! ;)
musingnmayhem

Offline greenie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 01:28:32 am »
Failsafe has been absolutely amazing for the kids, especially miss 7 who has mild, high functioning autism.  She essentially doesn't tantrum while on failsafe.  If she does, it is because she's had something... pineapple, tomato, passionfruit.  Her sister is a total convert because she sees such a difference in miss 7.  What she doesn't realise it that it also helps her!   ;) 

I find the diet relatively easy to follow.  The only thing is that it feels 'wrong'.  I am so used to cooking with rapadura sugar, lots of lovely vegies & fruit and flavour!  I find it quite bland, and that for the kids it doesn't seem as nutritious as the lovely food we used to eat.  But... it works, so I just remind myself that they are well and happy and carry on :)

Unfortunately the fodmap & failsafe diet didn't work for me.  I sussed out my own diet based on what I thought was upsetting me - I could eat meat, lettuce, sweet potato, celery and bean sprouts!!!  It was not fun, but the dietician was starting to suggest it wasn't food related and I felt it was, so it was worthwhile to prove that I guess.  The idea was for me to add foods to this list, but I just found it too hard to be honest.  I felt terrible physically and emotionally (and it wasn't a detox type feeling). 

So... I tried my friend's chiro and she has had amazing results I am happy to report.  I still need to be careful, but my gut is soooo much better!  And I feel so much better too.  I think there are many solutions to the same problem, and that they are different for different people.  My daughter used to suffer horrible eczema as well as suffering with poor immunity and lethargy.  She was only 3.  We tried dermatologists, naturopaths, paediatricians.  Finally, we went to a Chinese herbalist and he cured her completely.  It was amazing.  But the herbalist was unable to help me. 

Offline SuperMum_of_3

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 12:12:10 pm »
Would love to find some FAILSAFE friends locally, play dates with kids, recipe support, etc.
Are there any FAILSAFEr's here from Toowoomba or surrounds?