Author Topic: 5:2 diet recipe Indian Lamb Curry  (Read 9861 times)

Offline ElleG

• View Profile
5:2 diet recipe Indian Lamb Curry
« on: September 25, 2012, 05:12:27 am »
Name of Recipe: Indian Lamb Curry

This recipe was developed after reading quite a few Indian recipes. It is HOT. Cut down on the chilli or spices if you don't enjoy spicy food. Also I did start in the TM, but after burning the bowl cooking the spice mix, I changed to the stove top. Should have been a photo in the oops section  :D I haven't counted calories for the spices, add them in if you are worried.

Serves 2.  Approx 183 calories each

Ingredients: 100g lamb mince. (140cals)
460g mushrooms.   (101cals)
2 small onions (145g).   (46cals)
1 zucchini (180g).    (40cals)
2 tomatoes (200g).   (40cals)
1 knob peeled ginger (15g)
S &P to taste
3 garlic peeled garlic cloves
1 green chilli
1/2 teas corriander
1/4 teas red chilli powder
 garam masala to taste.

Preparation: Heat fry  pan on stovetop.

Add to the TM bowl peeled onions, chopped in two, garlic, roughly sliced ginger and green chill cut into two. Blitz on speed 7 for 3 secs.  Add
To frypan and cook until softened. Add water as needed to stop sticking.

Add mince and stir until just cooked.

Add chopped tomatoes and stir until mixed well. Add a small amount of water if needed.

Add spices, S & P, and fry for 2 mins.

Add chopped zucchini and thickly sliced mushrooms. Stir well to combine, cover and cook for 10mins on low. Remove lid and simmer until mushrooms are cooked.

Serve sprinkled with garam masala.

Tips/Hints  This recipe could easily be converted to all TM. As I wanted thick chunky pieces of veggies, I did not use the TM for all the prep. The zucchini, mushrooms and tomatoes could be chopped in the TM to cut down on prep.

Offline Shazzy

• View Profile
Re: 5:2 diet recipe Indian Lamb Curry
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 05:21:52 am »
Thanks for that ElleG. Im thinking I could make it and freeze half for another fasting day.

Offline ElleG

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 09:23:18 am »
I think I might cook and freeze half. DH tells me tonight his throat feels swollen and his asthma is playing up. He thinks it's the mushrooms - hadn't had them for ages.

I enjoyed the spice mix I used so will play around with other combinations. Another fast day tomorrow.

Offline Rogizoja

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 01:52:07 pm »
Great one ElleG, low cals but still packed with flavour - definitely on the menu for our next 2. Think I'll be freezing some as Shazzy suggests.
If music be the food of love, play a tune on your Thermomix for your loved ones.