Author Topic: Chicken and Cashews with Coconut Satay Sauce and Coconut Rice (with photo)  (Read 179103 times)

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
Not a stupid question - I'm sure you could sub in peanut butter instead of cashews. I just don't eat peanuts, but either will work. Hope you like it :)
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline KerrynN

• View Profile
Our whole family loved this! Yum, yum!
Kerryn

Offline rostess

• View Profile
I made this last night with peanut butter and it was delicious!

Offline KerrynN

• View Profile
It's funny actually. This recipe has made us all decide that we should try cashew nut butter as a spread. We found this much more enjoyable that the previous satay sauce we made (I did a quick search and can't find which recipe it was) which was delicious but much too rich.
Kerryn

Offline RoxyS

• View Profile
Made this the other night and enjoyed it very much. Will definitely do again. Thanks Jo.

Offline Elkwin

• View Profile
Loved this. Can't wait to make it again - with the original ingredients next time!

Offline KazAndCo

• View Profile
Cooking this for the second time tonight!!! My house smells SO yum! Can't wait to tuck in!! I'm going to add a little more chili to the sauce than I did last time, I don't generally cook with chili so I was a bit scared! Haha! Yum!

Offline Mrs KK

• View Profile
Thanks to CP63's favourites list - I made this for the first time last night. YUM YUM YUM was the families response. DD has taken the leftovers for lunch today. I substituted Coconut milk for carnation light & creamy coconut flav evaporated milk and quinoa instead of rice (to keep the calories down)... This will definitely become a regular in our house. I did everything else as instructed in the recipe although I used more chicken and had to increase the cooking time.  :D

Offline Bubbles

• View Profile
Yum I made this tonight and it was delicious! Thank you! I've got a lot of left over coconut satay sauce and coconut rice, so I'm thinking of perhaps freezing both, and having it next week with steamed fish? Is that a good idea?

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Sure is Bubbles.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
I can't believe I haven't made this yet. I'll definitely put it on the menu this week and will probably use my Cashew, Almond and Peanut Butter.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Deeau

• View Profile
I have had my TM for a couple of years now and thins is still my favourite TM recipe...having it tonight!

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
This would be a great recipe for the $100.00 challenge because you can make a huge amount to have either in the freezer or left overs the next day.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

jakodai

I'm not a big fan of coconut, what could I substitute in its place?

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
Made this tonight, yum yum yum, DH loved it, will definitely be making  this again.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!