Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 8989821 times)

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #3360 on: June 15, 2010, 08:08:40 am »
Watch the painters don't extend the job just for the great food!
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #3361 on: June 15, 2010, 10:42:02 am »

My sourdough was even better this time than my first one - you would be proud of me Chookie  ;) ;)

Good work JD
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #3362 on: June 15, 2010, 10:53:14 am »

I wanted to make Rosella Jam in the TMX.

WOW, lucky you having access to Rosellas.  I know people who would kill (maybe an exaggeration) for those.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #3363 on: June 15, 2010, 11:06:51 am »
Last night i made a Sussex Pond Pudding.  This is a funny little pudding,  with a scone dough crust and a 1/4 of lemon in the middle surrounded by a mix of butter and sugar.   They were steamed in the Varoma,  and when turned out the lemon butter spills from the center.  I need to tweak the recipe a little and will then post.  

Good work Chookie, keen to see your recipe.  It is a funny little thing and strange when you see it for the first time.
Thermomixer in Australia

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: June 15, 2010, 02:12:51 pm »

WOW, lucky you having access to Rosellas.  I know people who would kill (maybe an exaggeration) for those.

Wow! I didn't realise - they grow everywhere up here. i actually felt silly buying them for $4 kg!! LOL  :D

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3365 on: June 15, 2010, 03:24:39 pm »
Never heard of Rosella's so I just looked on the web to what they look like.
Nay-nay what do they taste like, can you give me an idea of a similar flavour?
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #3366 on: June 16, 2010, 01:15:57 am »
Ummm - kinda like a cross between a cherry and grape! Anyone else for a try???  :-)) :-\

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #3367 on: June 16, 2010, 02:17:58 am »
I've only eaten the ones in syrup that you put in champers, so I can't help you with taste.

I've requested some info from the website, thanks for the link Nay.

In the past few days I've made bread, and more bread (just Lauke packet mixes which are delicious!), nut butter, faffa's peanut butter biscuits, apple and cinnamon muffins, smartie biscuits and have steamed various veges for meals, made toasted breadcrumbs etc.
I've been making double quantity meals so we've got left overs, so they don't fit in Herman.
He's been helpful in the preparation of meals, though.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3368 on: June 16, 2010, 09:11:16 am »
Thanks for the information on rosellas Nay-Nay. I don't think they grow anywhere in WA.

Chookie I remember Peach Kuchen, in fact I still make it. It was kind 'new' when it won. In fact I think I still have the recipe book they put out.

Not a lot of cooking here today, I went into the city and had lunch with DD. Very nice.  Of course I haunted all the book stores too.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #3369 on: June 16, 2010, 12:58:02 pm »
It was so cold here today,  the mist was blowing all over us so thought I had better cook the painters a warm lunch.  Chow Mien seemed to warm them up.  They also finished off the Impossible pie from yesterday.   I made the Banana ,Walnut and Date bread from EDC book.  Pretty much a non event,  until I toasted it.   Worth a try.   Yes they have suggested that they might pop over from the new job they are starting tomorrow which is only 10 ks. away.  I am pleased they have finished for now,  they will paint the outside in November.  I can't find a thing.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3370 on: June 16, 2010, 01:38:38 pm »
Pull the blinds, draw the curtains - do whatever it takes Chookie to let them think you are not home  ;) ;) ;)
Good luck with putting the house back in order, that is the worst part of having your house painted.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3371 on: June 16, 2010, 01:41:49 pm »
I was out all day today but felt like doing some cooking instead of watching the news.  Made green soup and a batch of white chocolate & coffee biscuits from a recipe I found whilst waiting at the hairdressing salon this afternoon.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #3372 on: June 16, 2010, 04:53:27 pm »
How were the bickies JD? They sound delish!

Glad the painters have left Chookie!

Our German Backpacker left today too. He said he would miss my cooking dreadfully!! What a sweetie. He's coming back in October for a little while, so we'll have a grand send off for him then, as he'll be going back to Germany.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3373 on: June 16, 2010, 06:43:38 pm »
Thanks Nay-nay, I sort of get the flavour.Next time I'm in London I will lookout for them in one of the top stores.I have never seen them in my local supermarket but you never know, they might be there!!
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #3374 on: June 17, 2010, 03:09:31 am »
 :) Nay May, i made the biccies in my TM31, then we made a apple tea cake, and a date slice in Mum's TM21.

i just have to get the scales on the TM21 to work, any suggestions....

Robyn
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url