Author Topic: Cleaning the TMX  (Read 3914 times)

Offline virgo9

• View Profile
Cleaning the TMX
« on: November 23, 2010, 01:59:37 pm »
Just wanted to know if it is okay/normal to completely dis-assemble the TMX to clean each part? I normally self clean it or give it a going over with the brush etc during the day when I have more cooking to do, but like to take it apart for a final wash at night. Is this okay to do every night? Or will it eventually make the base of the bowl loose when it clicks on IYKWIM.
Thanks 

Offline JaneeZee

• View Profile
Re: Cleaning the TMX
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 02:07:59 pm »
I just do it according to need.  I also tend to pull it apart at the end of the day but if it's had a good workout I will it apart between times.  I find as long as you have a good brush & rinse it out immediately you don't really need to pull it apart (with the possible exception of rinsing out under the seal) most of the time.

The other thing is to occasionally wipe the feet off & clean the back of the machine.  Those of us who pack it up & take it to demo's know how dirty they can get in the places not usually seen!!!! Even the cord gets pretty yukky!

After my failed risotto of tonight I was worried that it wasn't getting to temperature so I did a test.  The 9 mins at Varoma temp steamed off the baked on rice beautifully.  Gotta love that about them............ :)

Offline virgo9

• View Profile
Re: Cleaning the TMX
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 02:13:35 pm »
Oh, I didn't know that you could steam off baked on foods using the aroma setting. Does that work for most foods? That's a really good tip  :) I did read that about your demo tonight, glad it turned out okay in the end, pity it was at a demo though   :(