Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 9012633 times)

Offline chocdoc

• View Profile
    • the Chocolate Doctor
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #2595 on: January 29, 2010, 12:23:55 am »
Ham stock. split pea soup (it's winter here), foie gras caramels, marmalade and a couple of loaves of the mixed grain yogurt loaf.

Offline TheCrone

• View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: January 29, 2010, 01:54:03 am »
So far today

Pear, kale and mint smoothies
Honey, almond and chopped apple yoghourt
vegetarian sausage rolls (chopped soaked raw walnuts, cottage cheese, eggs, onions, soy sauce).

Want to get some raw milk in a little while to make raw yoghourt.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #2597 on: January 29, 2010, 07:01:21 am »
Two loaves of bread, Jo's Spelt Tortillas, Banana Cake, Breadcrumbs for rissoles.

Must make some biscuits as, like isi, my bickie barrel is empty.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Online achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #2598 on: January 29, 2010, 07:46:45 am »
Meganjane,  thanks for your help.  Greatly appreciated.    ;D ;D ;D

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: January 30, 2010, 12:15:46 pm »
Today I made three batches of mini pear muffins to freeze for morning tea.  They're in little snack bags ready for a few cheese cubes or sultanas.

Then made filling for individual meat pies which I'll finish tomorrow.  Then converted Swirly Bacon Rolls which are basically savoury scrolls.  Really delicious and easier than I thought.

Finally made Curried Beef Mince with Cabbage from Budget Busters.  Hmmmm.  Sounds great, but...Has anyone else tried it?  Badly laid out recipe - I'm used to recipes that say..."chop this, set aside, chop this set aside.  Now start cooking".  Got to step 5, and the celery and cabbage was supposed to be sliced and shredded.  Out comes the chopping board for maybe 4th time in 5 months?  Had to cook for about triple the time so that the vegies cooked, and end result was quite spicy, so only DH could eat it.  So after cooking most of the day, ended up having rice crackers with vegemite for dinner. :(
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2600 on: January 30, 2010, 12:33:30 pm »
Disappointing isn't it Cathy - makes you wonder if these recipes are even tested.

Today I made 4 pizzas, a batch of lemonade and chicken/rice balls.  Had a good clearout of the freezer for the pizzas - I'd say 8 little bags of bits and pieces were used up. I only had to buy a tub of bocconcini for 2 of the pizzas.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline jojo

• View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: January 31, 2010, 08:45:32 am »
I have made Thermomixer's Zucchini Cake - see http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/2010/01/thermomix-zucchini-cake.html. Just tasted it and so so yummy! I had a similar situation as to what Thermixer says on the recipe - a neighbour gave me two massive zucchinis from their garden. Used almost one here and only used the outer flesh and skin. Recipe makes two loaves too. Hoping it should freeze ok.

Also today, made the Dairy and Nut Free Muesli Slice that is on here. Haven't tasted yet - tells me I can't cut it until tomorrow! Smells pretty good though.

Jo

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: January 31, 2010, 11:40:29 am »
Today I made mashed potatoes to go with some lamb in red wine that I found in the freezer, a zucchini pie and isi's new recipe for rice pudding.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: January 31, 2010, 12:06:29 pm »
I made some sweet chilli sauce this morning and everyone is spot on-it's lovely. For dinner we had the stir fry Thai chicken. I think that's what it's called.  Followed by custard and a small steamed fruit pudding each from the freezer.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #2604 on: January 31, 2010, 12:21:24 pm »
I made a rice and almond caramel custard (no milk) that we had over stewed apples & peaches (also made in TMX); also made almond-sunflower seed milk, and yeast-free spelt bread. And sesame steak and onions in crockpot using TMX-made beef stock.  :)
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline baf65

• View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: January 31, 2010, 01:08:34 pm »
I made the banana cake off this forum, have to say i was very impressed, im not a fan of TM made cakes but this was quite light and fluffy, i put a dollop of yoghurt in in the final mix as well

i also made isi's bread, very nice too

oh and grated some cheese!! 

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #2606 on: January 31, 2010, 03:04:50 pm »
Meganjane,  thanks for your help.  Greatly appreciated.    ;D ;D ;D

No probs Chook
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Katya

• View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: January 31, 2010, 04:16:47 pm »
So far have made porridge for breakfast, and  parsnip soup and bread for lunch.  Am going to make spicey bean burgers tonight and, if they go OK, will post the recipe.  And will do a tomato salsa to go with the burgers.

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #2608 on: January 31, 2010, 07:31:30 pm »
I have been neglecting Tuffy the TMX for the past few days because other things have occupied my time - my accountant is demanding all my '09 tax information by this coming Tuesday.  Gah!   I am very well organized but there are a couple of invoices that seem to have gone missing and for some reason I didn't log them into the computer. 

Anyway, I have everything assembled to have a go at Isi's easy Portuguese Rolls today. 

I defrosted a big hunk of pork and it is presently in the oven in a big braising pot, and will eventually become "carnitas" - in this area it refers to pork that is roasted long and slow to make it fall apart.  This can then be applied to tortillas and formed into tacos, but I am going to serve it with these rolls. 
I will also prepare two different salsas - green salsa with tomatillos  and red salsa with tomatoes.   I plan to use Tuffy to process the ingredients to see if I get the same effect as my usual result. 

Will report back on how it goes.
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #2609 on: February 01, 2010, 12:06:56 am »
I have made Thermomixer's Zucchini Cake - see http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/2010/01/thermomix-zucchini-cake.html. Just tasted it and so so yummy! I had a similar situation as to what Thermixer says on the recipe - a neighbour gave me two massive zucchinis from their garden. Used almost one here and only used the outer flesh and skin. Recipe makes two loaves too. Hoping it should freeze ok.

Thanks for trying it - due to computer issues I haven't managed to transfer it here.  :( :(  but it is simple and there is one in the TMX Vegetarian (I think) book too to use up the big zucchini
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.