Author Topic: Another Canadian, eh!  (Read 8474 times)

Offline chocdoc

• View Profile
    • the Chocolate Doctor
Re: Another Canadian, eh!
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2009, 04:00:04 pm »
Hi chocdoc. I am sure you can tell us a lot about chocolate making. You will love your thermomix. I used to spend my early summers on Lake Ontario. Originally I came from Syracuse but have lived in Australia for 45 years.

Gretchen
I'm a sailor - spent a fair bit of time on Lake Ontario myself.  Grew up in a house on Burlington Bay, which is at the head of the lake.

Offline chocdoc

• View Profile
    • the Chocolate Doctor
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2009, 04:01:51 pm »
welcome chocdoc - I thought TM31 always came with the varoma. I can't wait for your contributions after having a peek at egullet! And our beloved andiesenji originated there too by the looks.  ;)

Perhaps this one did originally - and the cookbook, but it was long gone by the time I got my hands on it.

I suspect I may have been at least a bit responsible for convincing Andi that she 'needed' a TMX.  She's a gadget girl like myself!

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2009, 10:11:35 pm »
welcome chocdoc - I thought TM31 always came with the varoma. I can't wait for your contributions after having a peek at egullet! And our beloved andiesenji originated there too by the looks.  ;)

Perhaps this one did originally - and the cookbook, but it was long gone by the time I got my hands on it.

I suspect I may have been at least a bit responsible for convincing Andi that she 'needed' a TMX.  She's a gadget girl like myself!

Yes indeed!  Kerry is one of the culprits! ;D
I had been following the "Pastry" thread on eG but what put me over the top was the topic Kerry started on Nov. 7 about Cooking in the Thermomix.
That started me on a search for more info, including this forum  and I immediately made a request for a sales contact and placed my order.  My "Tuffy" arrived on Nov. 12.  I have been playing with it ever since with breaks for other tasks and using other appliances because I need greater capacity for some of my recipes that are not easily reducible to a size that would fit in the TMX.
Kerry is extremely talented and has a lot of knowledge to pass on. 
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline Tebasile

• View Profile
    • http://tebasileskitchen.blogspot.com/
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2009, 06:58:15 am »
Feel free to wander down to my place and look through the molds if you need some - probably have a thousand or so.

I will Kerry. Thank you. I was planing  to come down on Guelph Line anyway next week and sent you a message  :)
Elisabeth -Thermomix Consultant- from Ontario, Canada
http://tebasileskitchen.blogspot.com/

Offline chocdoc

• View Profile
    • the Chocolate Doctor
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2009, 02:24:13 pm »
Feel free to wander down to my place and look through the molds if you need some - probably have a thousand or so.

I will Kerry. Thank you. I was planing  to come down on Guelph Line anyway next week and sent you a message  :)

Sent you an e-mail - check your spam file if you don't see it right away.