Author Topic: What is/was your day job :)  (Read 64504 times)

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
What is/was your day job :)
« on: September 20, 2009, 05:44:09 am »
Thought it might be fun  ;D to find out what we all do/did for a job.......anybody keen  ???

I will go first................ :P

I am currently working at home 24/7 as a mum to 2 boys and I work as a Thermomix consultant in Perth WA. I am a high school Art teacher, not currently teaching. My last teaching job was at an all boys school.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 07:01:49 am by Meagan »
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What is/was your day job :)
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 05:46:16 am »
I always worked in a secretarial role but have been a carer for my husband for the past 22 years.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 05:49:05 am »
I  was a teacher of mainly young children and for the last year so was a deputy principal. I loved my job, but love retirement better. I occasionally do some relief teaching, but would rather be home playing with my TMX.

As well as playing TMX I'm now the Treasurer for the local Model A Restorers Club as DH is into Model A cars.  I also do 'the books' for DH and his brother who  are the  Admistrators appointed by the State Tribunal for their Mother.  Believe me the Model A club ask for less than the State Administration Tribunal.
Also do a bit of volunteering and lots of travel.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 08:12:15 am by cookie1 »
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 05:50:29 am »
Yes I would take a day with the TMX over relief any day too  ;D
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline JaneeZee

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 06:00:07 am »
I was a sales rep for many years - in Veterinary products which is where I met Thermomixer -and then human natural medicines.  Now I am a Thermomix consultant and setting up a business based around helping people lose weight through uncovering emotional triggers & then changing their mental processes rather than relying on willpower.  I say I am in waist management!!!

ANYBODY interested in JaneeZee's area of work - please send her a PM
http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=86 - thanks. Inserted/Editted by Thermomixer (she said she would be happy to do this !!)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 07:47:28 am by Thermomixer »

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 06:04:41 am »
I was a sales rep for many years - in Veterinary products which is where I met Thermomixer - ......

Purely in a professional capacity !!!!!!  :o :o :o :o - I am a vet.  Nothing else going on there !!!!  MrsT may have thought so ... but no, just professional colleagues.  :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline JaneeZee

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 06:08:57 am »
I need "embarrassed" emoticon - I had hoped I WAS making myself clear Thermomixer!!! Purely a professional relationship at conferences & golf days as you were usually outside my geographical territory!!!

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2009, 06:10:53 am »
We were Book Distributors for Lifetime Distributors (you know those cheap books you get in your work places  ;)) and power sellers on eBay and a couple of other auction sites. Also had an Internet Marketing business at the same time. Have given both up WOO HOO  ;D ;D and now am a TMX consultant along with DH who is training this month.
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2009, 06:11:16 am »
OMG JaneeZee, i NEED you! (seriously)

meagan, i am a trained high school art teacher too :D however have not taught since 94 lol

i've mostly been working in the disability field / community organisations for the past 15 years.

at the moment i am unemployed and having a hard time finding something new :( i can only work part time, and need to be fussy about my pay rate becuase of the costs of child care on top of just not wanting to do certain things, work in certain places etc. *sigh* it's not a good time to be looking atm...
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 06:12:50 am by brazen20au »
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2009, 06:12:27 am »
ROFL at JZ and Thermomixer

JZ I am highly interested along with Karen - PM me!!
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2009, 06:16:53 am »
Maybe we should set up a private thread and have JZ receive payment for her professional advice ?

The photo in the Epicure was great because they hid my waist !!!! - love Eddie Jim the photographer - talk about silk purse from a sow's ear.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Sundari

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2009, 06:42:36 am »
I work in birth, pregnancy and postnatal services. Doula (birth support) for past 5.5yrs and just finishing a midwifery degree after 5 years of study.

Now also a thermomix consultant which I am loving and having a bit of a whirlwind at the moment that needs to slow down just a little so I can focus on studying.
Birth Worker
Mum to one DD 6yrs
Thermomix Consultant

Offline alioop

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2009, 06:46:40 am »
We are all in good hands with so many teachers here!  lol  I have so much admiration for all teachers - I think it's one of the most demanding and definitely most underpaid professions  ;D
I am a Speech Pathologist (paediatric) ;D. Only part-time at the moment which suits me (leaves 3 days of the week to dedicate to cooking with the TMX  :) :)).
From the beautiful South-West Western Australia!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2009, 06:48:13 am »
Great topic you started Meagan - nice to read what people do, other than cook with their TMX
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline ~Narelle~

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2009, 06:56:30 am »
I am a Registered Nurse.  After having nearly 5 years off with children, I went back last year.  I am currently a Level 2 in Endoscopy which is a day procedure area where we do mainly gastroscopies and colonoscopies, in a private hospital.  I am also studying - a Grad Dip in Clinical Teaching as teaching nursing is my passion.  We also have our own business which I look after the accounts for.