Author Topic: What is/was your day job :)  (Read 64818 times)

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
Re: What is/was your day job :)
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2009, 12:52:12 pm »
Goodness Narelle, no wonder you wanted a Thermomix you've literally seen what happens to people who don't have one

Hehe lol, they are pretty empty by the time I see the innards!  However, we do diagnose a significant number with cealiac disease so can see lots of opportunity for TMX!

Actually it would be great for HO to tailor some brouchures for different food intolerances/allergies etc. Which could be handed out with their info pack on Cealiac Disease etc. Visualising recipe comparisons or a couple of recipes to show how simple recipes or preping flours etc would be and price comparisons (purchased GF bread vs home made)..... gotta stop dreaming....
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2009, 12:56:41 pm »
No you don't gotta stop dreaming - HO has gotta start taking on board great ideas and find ways to use them to promote their machine.  Bianca should be able to do something along those lines and it would be good for sales team to increase their sales and PROFIT.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2009, 01:21:25 pm »
I went to uni to become a high school art teacher, which was my dream (like Meagan & Brazen!), but ended up changing to Graphic art.  Worked full time as a graphic artist for a few years, then when no. 1 was born, worked from home part time.  By the time no. 2 was 1 yr old, I'd had enough, and just focused on being a mum.  (And I was also counselling and teaching new mums about breast feeding, sleep training, parenting, etc, which I still do.)  Didn't have much time for anything else but looking after 4 little kids for a few years, but now the youngest is 6 and I have more time... Started doing some art tutoring and I teach a drawing class for kids, became a Creative Memories consultant, also sell Miessence, and now I'm a Thermomix consultant!  (I'm giving up Creative Memories and keeping that just for a hobby now.)  I also do volunteer work through my church with the youth - hence the youth camp this week that I'm cooking at!  But my most important job now (as my DH keeps reminding me) is homeschooling my four kids!  Life's busy - thank goodness for Thermomix!  :D
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 01:42:06 pm by quirkycooking »
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2009, 01:23:00 pm »
hmmmm seems there's an untapped target market here.... hehehehehe  ;D :o
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline trudy o

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2009, 01:38:27 pm »
I am a radiographer/sonographer but only work 2 days each week now.  Also am a mother of 2 young children (almost 4yr old boy and 2 yr old girl) and also a thermomix consultant and also have designed and selling a modern cloth nappy (nappylicious).
Above all I love doing thermomix more than anything else as I love cooking and I love to show other people easier and healthier ways to cook.

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2009, 01:45:51 pm »
I'm with you Trudy.  I tell guests at demo's that Thermomix is my "hobby" - because I love it. It's not work. Love showing people,cooking with it, sharing an easier, quicker, healthier way of eating and meeting all the wonderful people too!
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2009, 01:55:41 pm »
hmmmm seems there's an untapped target market here.... hehehehehe  ;D :o

On selling TMX's to high school Art teachers LOL or for food allergy cook books?
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2009, 02:02:49 pm »
high school art teachers and those who have trained to be LOL
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2009, 02:20:02 pm »
Must be our love of creativity that makes cooking with a Thermomix so attractive!  :D
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline Shayla

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2009, 06:55:23 pm »
When I left school in 1968 I moved to USA with my parents and in 1969 trained as a computer programmer - in the days of dedicated air-conditioned rooms. When we moved back to UK in 1971 there were very few computers around; I worked at the local police headquarters as a radio/telex operator. In 1972 I went to college and trained to be a Radio Officer in the Merchant Navy; I qualified in 1973 and then went to sea as a Radio Officer on large ore carriers. For the next ten years I worked on a variety of vessels from small container ships to supertankers and travelled all over the world. In 1980 I met my husband and we were married in July at Seoul South Korea then in Norfolk UK in September - just to make sure! We travelled together for the next few years moving to Cape Town South Africa in June 1981; next I became pregnant and had our first daughter in 1983 followed 17 months later with another. For two and a half years we bought and ran a small country hotel where we had an early PC for running our accounts and printing our menus. DH was not happy there so we sold and he went back to sea; we moved back to Cape Town and I started a computer consulting business in 1987, in 1991 I joined forces with a friend and we formed a company called Backup; in 1999 she emigrated and I am still running the business. last year a friend whose daughter is a Thermomix consultant in Australia received a TM31 from her; well - she told us about this gadget that could do everything including wash itself up I had to investigate. It was coincidental that Alice in JHB had just become the South African distributor, I called her and organised to buy a machine - as yet unseen! She flew done to Cape Town and did a demo at my house for about 12 people. I used that machine every day and since then decided very quickly to become a consultant. Like others on this site I consider selling Thermomixers a hobby - Just love doing demos and feel sorry for the people who say that it is too expensive and they don't need it.
I think that is more than info about my life never mind my day job..... ;D ;D

vivacity

« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2009, 08:54:45 pm »
How many teachers are there on this forum  :o ;D Well, I'm one too, but I don't teach art (absolutely dismal at it, but ended up marrying an artist/sculptor ;), just German and English to students of technical subjects like mechanical, electrical, IT and chemical engineering.

The range of professions - past and present - on this forum is amazing! I'm looking forward to hearing from other members what they do!

Offline Rowyfo

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2009, 12:50:58 am »
Actually, I think it's the opposite, we aren't very diverse at all! Look at the number of us in "caring" professions like nursing, medicine, teaching, caring for animals and plants...
Row

Offline Sim

• Owner of a Melbourne-Based Cookie Company ;-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2009, 01:46:38 am »
lol, my job is totally different to everyone else. I am a junior graphic designer, and only finished my 4-year degree at uni last year and now work for a small local design firm in Canberra, but in the future I see myself moving into the field of Chinese medicine or naturotherapy. Also, my boyfriend and I dream about what we would really like to do, so we talk about opening a quaint little cafe that doubles as a bike restoration place. I love to cook for others, and he loves to build bikes for others.

This really inspires me: http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/lolas-ice-cream-sundaes-recipe.html

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2009, 05:56:41 am »
Love that link Sim  ;D but I love anything to do with icecream :-))

Bump anyone else going to share?
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline Caroline J

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2009, 06:49:42 am »
I am mummy to two little girls- Amelia is 2.5 and Lucy is 15m. 

BC (before children) I was in pharmaceutical marketing- Brand manager of a well known antidepressant, and before that, diabetes care.  My BSc is in Health Promotion though, and I probably should have been a dietician since I am really interested in health, nutrition and exercise for well-being :)

After having my TMX for a few weeks, I am tempted to become a consultant!