Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6131212 times)

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #2130 on: August 27, 2012, 06:14:34 am »
Love the caravan cookie.
Came home to a not to bad a house, Dh  tells me last night we have dinner guest from eastern states for dinner tonight,  cleaner rings this morning to say her son is sick not coming today.
so far i have been to work, house cleaning, done shopping and cooking, having a read of the forum before I go back to work in just over an hour. I need a holiday. Lol
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: August 27, 2012, 06:16:03 am »
Love the caravan cookie..

Debbie my kids are still little, and don't like cleaning up yet.

How old are they Obbie ? Mine are 8 next month, 5 and 3 and I can tell you they definately DON'T like cleaning up ! They hate it but we only expect them to clean up their own toys etc  ! But we have a few tricks up our sleaves to get them moving !

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: August 27, 2012, 06:19:46 am »
Debbie, My DD is 8, and my DS is 7.

They both have just had birthdays in the last couple of weeks.

They love their  laptops....

They clean up when I get the vacuum out...
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: August 27, 2012, 06:20:30 am »
Amy how is Jo going.  

Glad you got the beetle out.. :)

I think he is a bit grumpy that I tipped out all the algae he's been collecting these past few days ;D Grotty little fishy he is...

so far i have been to work, house cleaning, done shopping and cooking, having a read of the forum before I go back to work in just over an hour. I need a holiday. Lol

I know a nice place near Margaret River.... :-))

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: August 27, 2012, 10:07:15 am »
Lovely caravan Cookie.A real masterpiece,will show the photo to my DH as he loves tinkering with wood. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Jadey

• View Profile
    • Thermomixing with Jadey
« Reply #2135 on: August 27, 2012, 12:31:59 pm »
Cookie that's amazing! So talented.

Jadey  :)
Jadey :) ... Northern Beaches, Sydney, Aus. 

Like my page on facebook Thermomixing with Jadey

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: August 27, 2012, 01:11:11 pm »
While I was away, DH had u nloaded the dishwasher, but half of the items were sitting on the bench because he didn't know where to put them. I put them seaway and loaded more dishes.
He had done about 4 loads of washing, but I did another 3. I think he put my cream lambs wool jumper in the washing machine, but I can't quite bring myself to look at it. I should have hand washed it before I left:(
I unpacked, cleaned the bathroom and toilets, vacuumed and washed the floors.
I also visited JD at her house, and had a lovely lunch and chat. I then managed to get just a little lost on the way home to pick up the kids from school. Luckily a friend picked up the kids and dropped them home:)
My parents dropped in for a chat, the kids played with their friends and I cooked dinner
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: August 27, 2012, 01:19:10 pm »
ES so sorry to hear you got yourself lost on the way back.  Thank goodness for friends who step in when things like this happen.

Cookie, tell your DH I think his caravan is gorgeous, such a work of art.  It's going to be every so romantic in there  :D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: August 27, 2012, 04:09:53 pm »
Well got home and have a computer guy who had let the dog into the house today. Dog blind and very lazy when he is unattended. Lots of dry retching and mopping later I was able to unpack. Hmn not happy with dog and he was not allowed inside despite lots is scratching on the doors  :-[
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: August 27, 2012, 04:15:39 pm »
That does not sound very nice CP.  I once had a plumber that left the  gate open so the dog escaped the yard. It took some searching to find him.

Now sometimes I wish I hadn't found him.

mcmich

« Reply #2140 on: August 28, 2012, 06:58:09 am »
Cleaning all day.  >:(
I left the house clean when I went away and came home to a huge mess.
I had a hissy fit (very rare for me) and told DH I was getting a cleaner once a fortnight. DH is not impressed but I think he was scared as he said he hasn't seen me cranky since before we were married.
I can understand coming home to a mess if you have young children but there was only DH.
He said it was because he was at the hospital all weekend (stepdaughter was in hospital) even worse, how did he make a mess when he wasn't even at home?

All good now, house nice and clean, have got some quotes for a cleaner and bought a beautiful bouquet of flowers for the hall table.
I'm in Hally's "happy place" now  :D :D

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: August 28, 2012, 07:11:44 am »
Mcmich I use Absolute Domestics and although not cheap they are wonderful with checking and follow ups plus fully insured.  Worth their weight believe me.

You deserve it for working as hard as you do. It is not an indulgence it is a necessity..

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: August 28, 2012, 07:14:36 am »
I have a cleaner once a fortnight, its worth it.. :D
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: August 28, 2012, 07:42:17 am »
Having a cleaner is giving someone a job and is helping the whole family not only you. It frees you up and avoids a lot of conflict. My cleaner would do the washing and change the sheets if I needed it . I  only want her to clean the floors and she does so much more. She washes the windows, cleans the screens  and changes the ceiling fan sleeves.  My house sparkles. Literally.

I treat her with great respect as she takes great pride in what she does. It is not just a job. It is bloody hard work. I make no demands and she does above and beyond what I would do if I were her.

Cleaners are a gift from heaven. I love mine to bits.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

mcmich

« Reply #2144 on: August 28, 2012, 07:56:37 am »
Mcmich I use Absolute Domestics and although not cheap they are wonderful with checking and follow ups plus fully insured.  Worth their weight believe me.

You deserve it for working as hard as you do. It is not an indulgence it is a necessity..

You are absolutely right about avoiding conflict and I am buying time for DH and myself.
I have decided to go with Create Time, they aren't the cheapest although will wipe and dust the skirting's, cornices and powerpoints, they also clean the laundry tub.
I would be happy to just have the floors and bathrooms done. I don't have nik naks and loads of stuff to dust.

I know DH will be OK with it, I just feel bad that he's left for work and we had words. I think this is our first argument since we have been married and sad to think it's over housework.