Author Topic: Hi from Gidget Gadget  (Read 3299 times)

Offline Gidget Gadget

• View Profile
Hi from Gidget Gadget
« on: June 02, 2011, 12:45:17 pm »
I was going to wait until delivery date to introduce myself, but guess what, it arrived tonight, yes my new baby called "Gadget".  I have just had delivery and I'm as nervous as all heck.  Have I done the right thing?  I hope so at this price!

I thought my dh would be a little negative towards 'G' seeing as he got pressured into saying yes at the demo, with 4 other ladies backing me up!  But tonight he sat in front of me, checking out the buttons, etc. etc. and asking consultant what goes where, can you do this? that? and the other?

I have been surfing this forum for some time, doing lots of homework on google about this wonder machine, but now the time has come to "bite the bullet" and use it.

Wish me luck - I'll certainly be in touch with SOS questions if I need, unless of course the answer is already somewhere amongst the multitude of topics .

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Hi from Gidget Gadget
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 01:31:39 pm »
Hi GG, welcome to the forum.  Nice to hear DH is taking such an interest in the machine, maybe he will do some of the cooking now too  ;)   The answers are probably all on the forum somewhere but if you have trouble finding them, just ask and we can repeat them. Have fun like the rest of us.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Merrilyn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 01:38:40 pm »
Welcome to the forum Gidget.  You'll just love your new Gadget.   :D :D

You'll find we all love our thermomix and cooking is now just so easy.

Take your time to learn all the new and exciting things you can cook.  Expect a failure or two, we all have the in the beginning, but once you get used to the way your machine works, you'll be turning out meals like a pro.  ;D  And don't be afraid to ask anything.  This is absolutely the BEST and friendliest forum I have ever found.
Never ask a 2 year old to hold a tomato  :-)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 07:13:11 pm »
Hi and welcome to the forum GG.We look forward to hearing of what you have been cooking in Gadget  :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline knittercook

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 10:45:18 pm »
Hello and welcome GG  :D

You are going to have so much fun, I'm only a newbie owner and have learnt so much from everyone here!  The husbands are quite funny aren't they, mine is always very interested in what I am making. He makes his own boiled eggs every Saturday morning and loves telling everyone how he can read his newspaper, have a shower and never has to worry anymore about his eggs being over or under done, perfect everytime  ;D and he was a sceptic in the beginning LOL.
Seize the moment.  Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart.  ~Erma Bombeck

my blog http://shazknit.blogspot.com

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 02:44:58 pm »
Welcome Gidget Gadget.

My thermie is now 6 months old and very hardworking making everything from boiled eggs in the morning through to dinner (often with soups, breads, dessert) at night, not to mention the cakes, biscuits, muffins and loads of other stuff in between. Money very well spent I reckon.

This forum is always a great source of information and inspiration. Happy cooking :)
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 02:50:55 pm »
A very warm welcome gidget gadget. Take your time to get to know your TMX and in no time at all you will feel comfortable and confident. Happy cooking.
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline salval

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 06:58:57 am »
Nothing to be nervous about GG. You definitely have made the right decision. I know it's a lot of $$, but you won't regret it. And if you find yourself not using it as much as you like, or getting a bit stale - make sure you come in here & get some inspiration. It won't take long until you're firing again.

I love this:

makes his own boiled eggs every Saturday morning and loves telling everyone how he can read his newspaper, have a shower and never has to worry anymore about his eggs being over or under done, perfect everytime
... I reckon it's the perfect example of just how useful the TMX can be.. Get on with life & let it do its thing.

Karen

Mum of 3 (2 x 2-legged & 1 x 4-legged)
TMX Consultant in Newport, Melbourne