Author Topic: Donna hay - Pad Thai  (Read 8197 times)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
Donna hay - Pad Thai
« on: April 25, 2012, 02:02:30 am »
PAD THAI  BY DONNA HAY

300g thick rice noodles
 2½ tablespoons peanut oil
 2 eggs, lightly beaten
 ½ teaspoon shrimp paste
 3 red chillies, chopped
 3 chicken breasts, sliced
 3 green onions (scallions), sliced
 ⅓ cup (80ml) fish sauce
 ⅓ cup (80ml) lime juice
 1 tablespoon brown sugar
 1½ cups beansprouts
 ¼ cup coriander (cilantro) leaves
 ¼ cup sliced garlic chives
 ¼ cup roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped

Place the rice noodles in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Allow to soak until softened. Drain and rinse with cold water. Add 2 teaspoons of the oil and toss to coat.Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok or deep frying pan over high heat. Add the eggs, swirl around and cook until just set. Remove and set aside. Add the remaining oil and the shrimp paste to the wok and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the chilli and chicken and cook for 3 minutes. Add the noodles, green onions, fish sauce, lime juice and sugar and cook for 3 minutes. Toss through the beansprouts, coriander and garlic chives and serve immediately sprinkled with the peanuts. Serves 4.

Was looking at converting it for Tasty, but couldnt work out the eggs. So heres the recipe. Its truly delicious

Hally

WHERE: This recipe is from modern classics, book 1

Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
Re: Donna hay - Pad Thai
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 02:41:35 pm »
Thanks Hally (it's taken me a while to read it properly - just remembered when I made Cyndi's pad thai.......I'm wondering if you can cook the eggs the way she does it)

Will give this recipe a go soon.

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 04:10:53 am »
I finally tried this today, experimenting with how to make it in the TMX but it didn't quite work out.

The main problem was the chicken, it was getting stuck together and starting to look like chicken mince, despite having it on reverse.

However, managed to redeem it using the frypan and just chuck in the rest of ingredients and the flavours were awesome.

Makes me want to find and try the real thing we made in a Thai cooking class in Thailand.

Thanks for posting Hally.

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 11:25:09 am »
Here is the result:

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 12:34:51 am »
Looks great, i guess you just cant cook everything in the TM. Its a nice tasty dish.

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......