Author Topic: Are there any backyard veggie gardeners here?  (Read 439194 times)

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
Re: Are there any backyard veggie gardeners here?
« Reply #1785 on: May 06, 2022, 01:08:05 am »
Chookie Great to have company in the vegetable garden , the mussel power is always appreciated.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: May 27, 2022, 12:07:00 am »
Have some vegetable seedlings waiting to be planted . But have an issue with the cats as they think it’s their larger kitty litter haven ! So not sure what to do . I had removed all evidence and put bay leaves everywhere .. that helps a little . I’ll have to start again . But realise that the task at hand is bigger . Maybe I’ll have to cover it up with something ( large netting and tubing to do a square frame !) from Bunnings . Any ideas .

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: May 27, 2022, 02:09:20 am »
Is this helpful K Atie? 
‘As a general rule, cats are sensitive when it comes to smells, but there are a few scents they hate that might just surprise you. They can't stand citrus and as much as you might love the smell of fresh herbs, cats hate rosemary and thyme. Banana and mustard are a big no-no too, as well as lavender and eucalyptus.’

Otherwise your idea of covering the area might be the only way around it. Good luck.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: May 27, 2022, 03:37:24 pm »
Thank you Judy , I had done banana and bay leaves but will put some of those suggestions to use . Discovered a cover netting but have to order it , or make my own .