Author Topic: Tomato Pasta with vegetables and feta from A Taste of Vegetarian Pge 72  (Read 6311 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
After dingdonny mentioned this recipe yesterday I decided to make it myself. Made a few changes - added the chopped mushrooms and red capsicum at step 2 after the onions, carrot and garlic had been chopped.  Only chopped them for 2 sec/speed 5. Because a can of tomatoes is 400g not 500g, I added 100g extra water and I only had 230g pasta which turned out fine in the end. The full quantity of 350g would have made it too thick for our liking. I had intended cooking some pork loin steaks in a pan to go with this meal but then decided to steam the meat in the varoma tray when the vegies were put in place in the varoma dish. At the end of the cooking time I cut the pork (you could use chicken instead) into dice and added it to the pasta along with the vegies/feta mixture.  Left to sit for 5 minutes in the thermosaver - photo taken in the thermosaver to show how much this recipe made, serves 6 easily. I didn't use all the spices mentioned and cut down the quantity of those I did use. 
Not a bad meal all up, very easy to put together and I expect it will taste even better tomorrow night. 
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 06:15:29 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Thanks Judy. I am notorious for changing things. Then when I make it the next time I can't work out why it is different.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
Re: Tomato Pasta with vegetables and feta from A Taste of Vegetarian Pge 72
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 01:39:18 am »
One of my customers raved about this recipe, so I thought I'd better try it.  We really enjoyed it, and I (almost) followed the recipe.

The Fetta melted over the vegies very nicely, and added a nice element to the dish.

It's a great base recipe that you could do lots of different things to, which is the sort of recipe I like.  Probably shouldn't highjack a vegetarian recipe, but this was very nice with bacon in it, and I think you could steam some chicken or other meat to add or have as a side too.
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 02:52:04 am »
This recipe (just as given in the book) went down very well at two cooking classes I've attended.  It is not your usual basic pasta dish and the use of Varoma leads to large servings.  Well worth trying!
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline Slice of Health

• View Profile
    • Slice of Health Facebook Page
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 12:28:32 pm »
It's only the two of us so I tweaked the recipe similar to Judy to cut down on size. We thought it was 'ok' but the pasta wasn't al'dente  so won't rush to make it again. I do, however love the idea of adding the pasta to the sauce for an all in one meal so perhaps will try again with less cooking time for a firmer pasta... If this is possible with TMX or does it always turn out softer by cooking it in the sauce?  my spirals weren't spirals any more and had softened to strands...
Eva, Slice of Health (my personal Thermomix blog)
www.sliceofhealth.com.au
www.facebook.com/sliceofhealthrecipes
Darwin, NT