Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6036543 times)

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #22785 on: May 03, 2019, 12:19:40 pm »
Well first week of school done and a trip to Melbourne on Thursday for DD dentist appointment. Now I may have just had a little meltdown, one questions why life tests us ! When DD had her braces off they put a wire behind her top front teeth and glued it down , cement . So while we had dinner a piece of the glue came of at the end of the wire . Just emailed the Dentist practice with photo and will contact them Monday , I know we will have to go back . I just am taking deep breaths and wait. It will be OK hopefully a quick fix . Think I am just over the driving at the moment and frustrated as nothing else is getting done .

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22786 on: May 03, 2019, 08:50:24 pm »
It sounds as though you had a horrible day KAtie so take care of yourself.😘

Went shopping with DS. He downloaded some garden vouchers from a garden center website that entitled us to a free tomato plant each. The variety was Gardeners Delight. He also bought a cucumber plant.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #22787 on: May 03, 2019, 10:46:31 pm »
K Atie, poor you and DD.  Yes the driving can get to you as other stuff is put on the back burner.  Try to relax over the weekend.
We are going to  pickup 6 new Chookie girls.   They are 18 weeks old and should begin to lay at around 21 weeks.  We will sneak them in to roost tonight

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #22788 on: May 04, 2019, 12:52:26 am »
we got gifted about 6 new chooks and a rooster 2 weeks ago. Now getting at least 4-6 eggs per day.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #22789 on: May 04, 2019, 08:05:30 am »
Went to Bunn....gs to buy paint, we are having the barge boards on the house painted.  Then off to do early voting.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22790 on: May 04, 2019, 01:36:04 pm »
DH and DD are having a duel on their iPads. They are checking out cars to buy!!! DH has been looking at old Jaguars and even a 1937 Rolls Royce. (All of which look great) and DD is looking at 1970-1980 Lamborghini’s. It’s easy to see they are related.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22791 on: May 04, 2019, 01:51:14 pm »
Yes a chip off the old block for sure.  You have no room for anymore cars cookie, are they serious about buying?  Good win by your boys again tonight.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #22792 on: May 04, 2019, 11:47:05 pm »
Chookie are you putting them in with other chooks ? What bread did you get ? Yesterday we had DS hockey and then I had lunch out with girlfriends,as we are pre organizing our girls weekend away to Castlemaine . It's hard to get 6 girls on a road trip , the collecting up of us into two cars . Off to hockey for DD this morning, DS has gone to do a farm job then back to go with us to hockey game he will no doubt want lunch too !

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22793 on: May 05, 2019, 09:48:03 am »
Yes a chip off the old block for sure.  You have no room for anymore cars cookie, are they serious about buying?  Good win by your boys again tonight.

Hopefully not Judy. We will have to have high rise parking. Perhaps we could convert DD's block to parking only. (she has decided not to build again!!!!)
The footy was interesting, we played poorly in the last half. Not sure what is going on. All across the AFL teams are going up and down, except perhaps for Geelong and maybe Collingwood.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22794 on: May 06, 2019, 12:30:32 am »
My team always goes up and down cookie but a win is a win no matter how they play. Collingwood will be hard to beat this year.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #22795 on: May 09, 2019, 01:05:02 pm »
K Atie, over the years we have tried both putting them in at night and slowly introducing them.  Not much difference. As there were 8 new girls and 4 old ones, we put them in at night.  There is a bit of sorting out going on but nothing to worry about. At 18 weeks they should be able to cope. We don’t like to buy new girls until they are at least this age.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22796 on: May 10, 2019, 11:56:53 am »
I had my hair cut today.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #22797 on: May 10, 2019, 09:52:11 pm »
Cooking for Mother’s Day lunch.  Making double batch of Portuguese Custard Tarts.   Made custard yesterday.  Make cheese sauce for Cauliflower.  Make Ratatouille. 

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #22798 on: May 10, 2019, 11:48:42 pm »
About to head home been another busy week ! Dentist via ballarat to get train on Monday , a quick fix that has not worked ( deal with that another time ) and very close encounter with a kangaroo, too close .Car serviced on freezing cold Thursday. To school reunion last night and home to quite house , haha. Meanwhile DD hockey game was last night and DS’s game is this am !

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22799 on: May 11, 2019, 09:12:19 am »
Compared to you K Atie I had a quiet day. DD and I went shopping. I bought a pair of jeans. We had a coffee, came home. Dh got back from seeing his Mum and then DD decided we needed a new tv that she can hook into wifi. I thought she was going to put it into the theatre, however it is now being set up in the family room. A new tv to watch the footy on tonight.