Author Topic: TM5  (Read 273833 times)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: TM5
« Reply #105 on: September 28, 2014, 09:19:14 pm »
Ordered my 5 yesterday.  Will come when I return from Tassie.   Not in a hurry.  Giving 31 to DD,  but training GC how to use it.  Ist. lesson today. GS likes my bread so that's where I will start with him.  GD wants to make lemon butter.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 28, 2014, 10:27:51 pm »
That's great news Chookie.  I look forward to hearing about your exploits in it.  :D

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 28, 2014, 11:01:04 pm »
Chookie , looking forward to hearing about how the new one performs, it' s great  the GK 's have an interest in cooking, the TMX will be safer than cooking on a stove top but you do realise they will need one when they grow up they won't be able to cook any other way. ;)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 29, 2014, 12:21:02 am »
Today at 1300 I am having a Demo. If we don't have too many savvies I might get to see something interesting!

We are doing Menu 2 which  is Sorbet (raspberry), Pizza, Dip ( I know not what), Soup ( I hope it is not bl**dy pumpkin), Salmon Veloute, and Custard. I never in my life have made custard  and don't want to.

I could have made a few changes I know but I decided to keep it as easy as possible for the consultant who is no doubt still getting used to the whole new thing.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 29, 2014, 01:35:36 am »
It's probably potato & leek soup Gert if the recipe in the EDC is anything to go by  ;)  A simple demo indeed.  How many do you have coming?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 29, 2014, 02:12:43 am »
I just read the Salmon Voloute recipe and it makes a soup underneath the steaming salmon and Veggies, let us know what it is like , I might like this,

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 29, 2014, 03:09:00 am »
Had to revamp the whole house!

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 29, 2014, 03:19:22 am »
Exciting Gert. I love the central wine in a glass. I look forward to your honest opinions of 5  I'm hoping mine arrives before Tassie.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 29, 2014, 03:52:24 am »
I can see after all that work ,   You would need a glass       Or.   Two.

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #114 on: September 29, 2014, 04:33:51 am »
I'm just half an hour late Gert :p looks great interested to hear your thoughts.

Re why would the ability to store own recipes sway me....  Well I just can't find a fool proof recipe software. I've looked at them all and none of them are easy to use on phone or tablet. I have so many favourite recipes and no way to track them. Guided cooking isn't of interest to me unless they are recipes I'm interested in. So those that have been reading this may be an option what are your sources?

Offline Katj

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 29, 2014, 05:21:16 am »
Looking forward to hearing your comments Gert, you've done well setting up, looks lovely!

Offline lonnie

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 29, 2014, 05:33:58 am »
That looks really well set up, Gert. I hope the demo went well and I'll look out for your comments later.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #117 on: September 29, 2014, 07:10:03 am »
Will be interested Gert.  Don't be too hard on the demonstrator.  Apparently they don't know the answers to most of the questions you might want to ask.  I wanted a second bowl but can't have that till next year.  They haven't been properly trained and will only learn on the job. 

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 29, 2014, 07:25:40 am »
Chookie, I went to a TM5 demo on the weekend..... And I have to agree with you! It will be a lot of "on the job" learning!  I think consultants are coping with a heck of a lot of pressure at the moment.  I'll be staying with my 31 for the moment.....we'll see what the future brings;)

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 29, 2014, 09:04:18 am »
I just wrote my review and got a phone call and the bl**dy thing timed out and I lost it all. I will post tomorrow if I Have time. Very busy day tomorrow.

NUFF  to say my consultant was great. Has the thing down pat. The features are very desirable . Love the lid locking. Love the book and the on screen recipes will be very useful. It is marginally quieter. The chime is a bit tinny but nice. The jug is a more useful size. The Varoma  is bigger and was awesome for the amount of veggies we put into it. 

Had to wrangle the lively group I had so did not have a chance to play with it but I will on delivery!

Tell ya more when I can. Sorry but i am very tired.

it really is awesome! 

More than 10,000 sold  here already.

Gert