Author Topic: Chocolate Souffle (With Photo)  (Read 84756 times)

Offline farfallina

• View Profile
    • Thermomix Tarif Defterim
Chocolate Souffle (With Photo)
« on: May 24, 2010, 10:55:42 am »
I love chocolate soufflé which is sometimes called also as hot brownie. I had tried many recipes but never had a success until I found this one!
It’s from “Io e il mio Bimby”. I tried it many times and never disappointed me.
I hope you like it.
It's also very practical because you can prepare it easily the same day or even much before

Chocolate Souffle
6 people
Ingredients

1 orange peel (without the white)
150g bitter chocolate
150g butter
100g sugar
3 eggs (approx 60g each)
40g flour
A pinch of salt
6 aluminium foil muffin/pudding tins (I use aluminium foil ones because I can place them in the freezer more easily than a big 6 regular muffin pans)

Preparation
Grate orange peel for 10 seconds on Speed 8. Repeat if needed. Set aside

Break chocolate into pieces, put them in TM bowl, chop for 5 seconds on Speed 7. Clean down the sides of the TM bowl with spatula

Add butter and sugar. Cook for 6 minutes at 60°C on Speed 3. Let it cool.

When cooled at the room temperature, add eggs, flour, salt and orange peel. Mix for 30 seconds on Speed 4

Grease and flour the tins. Fill upto ¾ of the tins. 

Keep them in freezer at least 90 minutes

Bake in 220°C pre-heated oven for 15 minutes

Turn them very gently upside down on serving plates and serve right away.

Optional:  Mostly in summer I serve them with vanilla ice cream. I believe that is a beautiful combination.

Tip: You can prepare this cake the days before and keep in the freezer until you use. Whenever you have guests and feel like having something sweet all you would need to is cook it for 15 minutes.

Photos: http://thermomixtarifdefterim.blogspot.it/2009/12/chocolate-souffle.html

Well, I scanned the first photo from the book because I couldn't get a nice photo myself with all that nice pouring chocolate action.

Members' comments

Dec 2016 Bootobethin. Well I made 2 batches of this recipe for Christmas Eve dinner. One batch wheat free. (I used white wings gluten free flour) and the other batch dairy free (I used Nuttlex). SENSATIONAL DESSERT!

CC - I had a change of plans for dessert  for Christmas and made this instead. It's absolutely delightful and so easy to make. Thanks Farfallina for another great recipe.
I gave this recipe to a non-TMX friend.  One tip she did give me, when she buttered the moulds she dusted with cocoa powder and not flour.

cgonsalv - Made these again and stuck with the 15 minutes.  Made sure the oven was pre-heated and the results were perfect. 
These are a family favourite until such time I work out how many calories they are at which point I will have a heart attack I'm sure.  All my family have said to pass on a big thank you.

Twitterpated - This is by far one of the best desserts I have ever made with the TM. I even keep some in the freezer for when those unexpected visitors drop in. It is impressive and absolutely delicious. 

JD - although I was a little tentative when taking ceramic dishes from the freezer and putting them straight into a very hot oven (watched them thinking they would crack) all went well and they were perfect in the 15 minutes. I lined the bottom of the dish with baking paper, greased the sides well and sprinkled cocoa powder as suggested earlier then upended the ramekin onto a side plate before placing it into the serving bowl. Easy and these are a must for your freezer for an instant, delicious dessert. Thanks farfallina. Next time I made them I lined the ramekins with Multix Cafe Collection Muffin Wraps - quicker and easier than greasing the ramekins and cutting circles of baking paper for the bottom.

snappy - Unfortunately, despite greasing the ramekins my puddings are still sticking to the mold, but apart from that these are FANTASTIC!  Next time I will just use a liner in the ramekins.  And there are going to be lots of next times! Thank you farfallina.

thermo18 - Made these yesterday, and we all loved them, so easy. Will be making more today to have in freezer for emergency desert, thank you.

Wonder - As expected the most time consuming part was preparing the cases. I used small silicon patty cake cases and coated on cocoa. The one batch 11 small ones, 1 was enough with a small dollop of ice cream for DH and I but DS and his cousin had three each. DS declared them "heaven on a plate", he's never commented like that with any other food so high praise indeed. Will make another batch to keep in the freezer.
I have also made 12 in small silicone cupcake molds and cooked them for 10 minutes each.

Katiej - YUM YUM YUM YUM!!! I used the Multix Cafe Collection Muffin Wraps as suggested by Judy - so easy and they came out perfectly. The best bit about this dessert is there are 4 more still sitting in the freezer for another time.

Shazzy - They are YUM. Very easy to make and so good that they can be left in the freezer for when you are ready then cooked from frozen. Highly recommended!! thanks Farfallina - they were beautiful!

DJ -  Using muffin cases brushed with butter and dusted with cocoa. Cooked for 20 mins from frozen until risen but looked baked all over. Turned out perfectly from paper cases with gooey centre.

JenJan - Wow! How useful is this recipe!! I tried this on my family over the weekend and it went down a treat. I love that I can make it ahead of time and leave it in the freezer and it cooks beautifully. Yay! Thanks Farfallina. Love this forum!

jo nz - I made these and froze in silicon muffin cups and baked later for guests.  They were all very impressed. My muffin cups are a bit smaller and I made 11 from one batch. As they were smaller, I only baked about 10 mins. I didn't grease the cups at all.

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
Re: Chocolate Souffle (With Photo)
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 12:05:35 pm »
Thank you  :-* :-*
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 07:42:14 am »
Thankyou they look and sound great!!

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 10:39:37 am »
Thanks for another great recipe.  MrsT loves chocolate souffle.  I have made a few in the Bimby, but lately have been neglecting Bimby & MrsT - this might be something to cook.

Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 08:31:57 am »
but lately have been neglecting Bimby & MrsT

Let me know the results then  ;)

yes, but just how the souffle went should be sufficient  ;) ;) ;)
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 09:09:12 am »
 :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[   yes - good one. I asked for that !  Will report on the taste and MrsT's appreciation for the souffle.

Hope it stays up..... long enough for a photo.  ;)
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 09:13:54 am »
One can never be sure on that point  :D :D :D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2010, 09:25:27 am »
Oooh, I want to try this one!!  I've never made a souffle, always wanted to try it, but they're usually cheesey so I don't ... But you've got me with dark chocolate - YUM!! ;D
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline versaceyoyo

• View Profile
    • the thermomix diary
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2010, 12:41:10 pm »
Oh boy - YUM.  and it uses whole eggs - always a bonus in my books.  a definite must try.

Offline bluesed

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2010, 10:20:45 am »
There is actually a video of Volcan de Chocolate(similar to Chocolate Souffle) in Spanish from one of the forums. Its in Spanish but i guess its nice to watch anyway.

http://www.clubcocinafacil.com/postres/VOLCAN-DE-CHOCOLATE_1820.html

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2010, 10:44:39 am »
There is actually a video of Volcan de Chocolate(similar to Chocolate Souffle) in Spanish from one of the forums. Its in Spanish but i guess its nice to watch anyway.

http://www.clubcocinafacil.com/postres/VOLCAN-DE-CHOCOLATE_1820.html

Assuming the harina is cornflour? Got the rest of the recipe, I think.

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2010, 10:59:48 am »
this is what I translate it to:
170g  chocolate
170g butter
3 eggs
3 egg yolks
20g sugar
50g corn flour??

Preheat oven 240°
Add chopped chocolate , 20 sec spd 3
Add eggs, yolk, sugar, mix 30 sec spd 3
Add flour, mix 15 sec spd 3
Spoon into ramekins.
Cook in oven 6 mins – hard outside, soft inside.

Just not sure on the corn flour/harina bit.
sounds super easy and yummy!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2010, 04:05:10 am »
I missed this one. It looks like a little chocolate volcano.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/