Author Topic: Cyndi's 21 day weight loss diet  (Read 76262 times)

Offline zebraa

• View Profile
Re: Cyndi's 21 day weight loss diet
« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2010, 03:17:06 pm »
Awesome. I hopw I'll be the same. I am already amazed at how the cravings have disappeared. That was what I most wanted to change so I am chuffed.

Offline katesjoy

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2010, 11:38:08 pm »
Several months after ordering Cyndi's books, l took the plunge last week and actually started, in the hope that l could halt my mad, mad, mad chocolate addiction that has me piling on the kilos.  So far am loving it, although still getting the occaisional craving sneaking in.  Everyday l surprise myself by enjoying the food.  So if you are like me and are wanting to give this a go, but was born to procrastinate, my adivice would be to make a shopping list and just start it.  Oh, and as added incentive l've lost 4kg so far and that is without getting too much exercise in!

Offline zebraa

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2010, 01:23:14 pm »
I started in at the start of September and still follow the principles. So far I have lost 10 kg and have so much more energy and can't believe how easy it is to have a really tasty, healthy diet.

Offline Kym

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2010, 12:29:24 am »
I'm so glad it work for you girls.  For me it made me gain more weight!  I think the main problem for me was that the protein shake was too high in calories (I think its around 700) and once you add everything else it just too much for me.

I'm now using a lot of her principals, cut down the amount in the shake but still using the collidal minerals and barley green and things are starting to go back down.  It has helped with the sugar cravings.

Offline zebraa

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2010, 05:01:27 am »
I dunno -  I don't do calories ;D

I would have the shake for 1/2 for brekky and 1/2 for morning tea  and I also have to share with my kids. It seems to work.

Plus I have a lot to lose :-)) You may be in a different situation.

Offline katesjoy

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2010, 01:37:40 pm »
I haven't tried to work out the calories either - but l do only have 1/2 the amount - easy to grab then the next day for my 7am shift, along with a couple of oranges.  Ahh, 10kg, can't wait to hit that milestone.

Offline bigTcup

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2011, 02:37:05 am »
Anyone doing Cyndi's 21 day program at the moment?
Thermomix Consultant - Perth, WA
Facebook: Jeanette & Thermomix

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 13, 2011, 05:12:00 am »
From what everyone has been saying, this sounds like a pretty sensible diet - can anyone tell me if it is suitable for a vegetarian?  I have found so many diets include meat and that's always discouraged me from trying any of them.  I do eat eggs and cheese though - I'm what is referred to as an ovo-lacto vegetarian!  Any feedback would be appreciated.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #83 on: January 13, 2011, 05:30:21 am »
Cyndi has lots of vegetarian recipes so it would be good in that sense.  :)

Offline katesjoy

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2011, 07:57:03 am »
Would definitely be an easy diet to follow for vegetarians - it is not an overly regimented diet - so easy to switch meals with meat to vegetarian ones or in some, just leave the meat out, would still be yummy and filling.

Offline JenniCB

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2011, 11:37:21 am »
Ok so now I am a little worried. I'm not doing the 21 day diet atm although could definitely do with losing some weight. But I have started having Cyndi's Protein Shake every morning because it looked like a great, healthy option for breakfast and is very very filling and yummy. But someone mentioned on here that it could have as many as 700 calories!! I know Cyndi's whole philosophy is to not count calories but if this is true, I'm really worried that I could seriously start stacking it on. Anyone know for sure?? I should add that I don't drink the full amount at breakfast (just can't finish it) and was thinking of saving the rest for morning tea. Does anyone know if it's alright to save for the next morning even?? I know with some of the juices you have to drink them within half an hour or the nutritional benefits are lost.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jen
Mum to 5 gorgeous kids, 3 bio aged 22,20 and 15, and 2 adopted aged 7 and 2.

Living in Western Australia

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 15, 2011, 12:07:22 am »
I got 715 when I just typed it into this calculator.
http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php?process=resubmit&count=2
If you have Cyndi's book ch 27 is all about calorie counting and she has devoted the whole chapter to it saying "Throw away calorie counter!" Eliminating chemical calories is more important and resetting metabolic rate. We have it every morning and haven't noticed anyone packing it on but I guess you have to be sensible for the rest of the day. If you don't have her book it is worth the read.  ;)
Not sure it would last with the raw egg in it too long.
All the best - Let us know how you go.  :)

Offline JenniCB

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 15, 2011, 12:28:28 pm »
Thanks for that Nay-nay. I'm really loving it so think I will keep having it and keep the rest of my eating the same and see how I go. Fingers crossed!
Mum to 5 gorgeous kids, 3 bio aged 22,20 and 15, and 2 adopted aged 7 and 2.

Living in Western Australia

Offline earth mumma

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 16, 2011, 12:39:39 am »
Hi JenniCB

My husband is a Chiropractor and we help people to impliment Cyndi's 21 day program in our office.  A couple of pointers for you - Nay Nay is spot on it's about trying to get your chemical calorie intake as low as you can and it's all about nutrients.  Our body has an abundance of innate intelligence and it knows when it's nutrient needs have been met - hence the breaky shake is nutirent dense and makes your whole body work on a diffeent energy level.  When your body is fuelled with nutrient dense foods then cravings for junk foods become non-existent.  Somehow with the chemical dense foods we've been consuming our brain/body connection has been disrupted and that's why we crave the junk.  I think that by eating great wholefoods you may just find that you get less hungry during the day too (your brain won't send out the hungry message if it has all the nutrients it needs to function at it's best).   I am very pasionate about Cyndi's work and philosophy as it is practical and very easy to follow (her 80/20 rule makes it possible to have junk on occassions and not feel bad about that).  With the breaky shake I don't add a raw egg, but have it boiled for morning tea.  I also make the shake with freshly squeezed orange juice in place of the milk.  I think it is best fresh.   Most people who have done the 21 day program with us lose about 5kg, but the biggest gain they have is in their energy levels, moods, tolerance for others and improved sleep.   :) :)   

Offline sue_h

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 16, 2011, 11:48:33 pm »
JenniCB. I save 1/2 of mine for morning tea as well. I have it the next day but I think that the nutritional value would be reduced compared to making it fresh. I put a whole orange (minus the skin) in the shake instead of milk and it gives it a very nice fresh flavour. There's also a thread on the shake if you are interested in others comments. http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=1937.0. I agree with Nay-Nay as well that we need to be aware of what we eat for the rest of the day.
Sue from North Queensland