Author Topic: What's for Dinner Tonight?  (Read 5207678 times)

stacelee

Re: What's for Dinner Tonight?
« Reply #3510 on: June 16, 2012, 09:30:35 am »
I'm a bad mother tonight, I've left the mighty midget with an Emily's kitchen microwave meal and instructions not to break my new microwave.  I didn't feel like making dinner for one.  She has been snacking all day on homemade biscuits and crackers and dried apple and beef jerky that I made so I don't feel that bad.  I've promised to make it up to her tomorrow with something nice for dinner.  Suggestions?

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: June 16, 2012, 09:33:34 am »
That's not bad mothering Stace!.....it's Saturday...we all need a night off.....Hubby's picking up dinner as I type  ;)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: June 16, 2012, 10:11:15 am »
Its too late to cook that enormous pork roast... :(
We are having lamb chops instead, and the pork has been put off until tomorrow.

I'm a bad mother tonight, I've left the mighty midget with an Emily's kitchen microwave meal and instructions not to break my new microwave.  I didn't feel like making dinner for one.  She has been snacking all day on homemade biscuits and crackers and dried apple and beef jerky that I made so I don't feel that bad.  I've promised to make it up to her tomorrow with something nice for dinner.  Suggestions?

Maybe something nice with seafood? Or a homely shepherds pie or lasagne?
And a dessert of course :D How about that Lemon Pudding Surprise Cake that Judy posted?

mcmich

« Reply #3513 on: June 16, 2012, 10:43:51 am »
Morocan chicken and pear salad,
Self saucing chocolate pudding for dessert.

• View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: June 16, 2012, 11:25:00 am »
Nothing spectacular I know...

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: June 16, 2012, 11:56:59 am »
Looks delicious Amy!! I'm a real meat and veg man woman!! :)
:D

• View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: June 16, 2012, 11:59:50 am »
Thanks astarra :D After having three kids, I would hope you are a meat and veg woman lol! :-))

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: June 16, 2012, 12:01:12 pm »
Lamb chops are special  Amy - they are so expensive we rarely have them.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #3518 on: June 16, 2012, 08:50:04 pm »
LOL Astarra we are real meat and veg household  too.... And I am a meat and veg woman.... ! LOL

We had a treat tonight family meal with rack of lamb, and are having roast leg of lamb on Monday with visitors. As sheep farmers we eat a lot of lamb. We had mash, and two other veg, plus choc self saucing pud with frozen black cherries at the bottom as an experiment. It was delic, made the sauce saucier if that is possible.

Made my own recipe used for years, will compare with the one on here when got time.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #3519 on: June 16, 2012, 08:55:33 pm »
i can go weeks without cooking meat

I dont eat pork or lamb

DH does not like chicken or fish

i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #3520 on: June 16, 2012, 09:10:40 pm »
If home alone I make a vat of chicken and veg soup and have that every day plus things like poached eggs - quick and easy. I like the rest from endless meals when just me and enjoy doing other things especially not being tied to meal clock.

DH not keen on fish but will eat fried cod, haddock, kids love salmon, he doesn't. We have fish pie when no DH but just us 3.
DS is into low cab lots of protein but since I buy and cook he has to compromise a bit. DD easiest of all. Step 3 not here much but we always do traditional good meals roasts, or gammon when they come.

stacelee

« Reply #3521 on: June 16, 2012, 09:15:09 pm »
We eat a lot of meat but I tend to be a bit of a ADHD cook with way too many recipe books so it can be anything from Indian to Thai to Jewish depending in my mood.  My family have learnt to shutup and eat or starve.  I use to shock people when they came over and they would see my then tiny two year old daughter snacking on beef jerky with chilli seeds or eating pickled herring.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #3522 on: June 16, 2012, 10:35:58 pm »
I should have been tougher when mine were small but my ex was difficult to cook for too. And I was always worn out with' " walking a tightrope '' every day so took easiest path.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #3523 on: June 16, 2012, 10:49:50 pm »
Roast pork with all the veges tonight.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

stacelee

« Reply #3524 on: June 16, 2012, 10:50:02 pm »
I think you have to do whatever works for you.  My husband has always been easy to cook for except for the chilli incident so I've been lucky there.  I think he was never willing to risk making me cranky enough to stop cooking for him...then he'd have to do it.  My kids were in childcare so it was usually pretty late by the time I got them home so they just had to eat whatever my husband and I were eating and I really don't like what my mother used to call nursery food....even now I have to be nagged to make something like mashed potato....I'm not a fan of mushy vegetables.