Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6036520 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #21435 on: March 15, 2018, 08:05:04 am »
Judy we love stone fruit so we will simply eat it. DH often has fruit for lunch, several bits of it.

This morning I went visiting to chat about our budgie. Two places thought he may be depressed! Apparently it can happen to budgies!!! DD's luck to buy a bird with a mental illness. We still love him to bits though. Time will tell. I had quite a chuckle at that.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21436 on: March 15, 2018, 09:06:39 am »
Maybe he might like a girlfriend cookie.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #21437 on: March 15, 2018, 10:06:14 am »
DD's luck to buy a bird with a mental illness. We still love him to bits though. Time will tell. I had quite a chuckle at that.
Maybe he might like a girlfriend cookie.
Hilarious ;D ;D ;D
Yesterday was a pretty stressful day here. DS and I managed to catch the sick chook with a net. Sick or not, she could still move very quickly. I tried to check her abdomen and then massaged her crop, which was pretty empty. Wasn't very relaxing for either of us! :P I saw a post on a blog I like (Down to Earth) suggesting that homemade raspberry cordial is good for sick chooks, so I made some and put it in the chooks' water. They seemed to really like it lol.  When I went up to the backyard this morning the sick chook was waiting in line with the others to get out. She's also eating and drinking. This afternoon she was busy preening herself, with feathers falling out everywhere. I'm hoping she's on the road to recovery, although I still have no idea what's wrong with her.
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #21438 on: March 15, 2018, 11:12:39 am »
Djinni, I think your Chook has been sending messages to my Chook.   When I went up with the food scrap bucket, my sick Chook hopped in wth the others.   
A girl friend for the depressed budgie sounds nice.
Not a good day for the Diet. Went out for coffee and resisted the pastries. Had Diet lunch but cooked all afternoon.  Think I will have to keep out of the kitchen.  Ate 2 hot X buns for dinner.  :-X. They were delicious.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21439 on: March 15, 2018, 12:00:44 pm »
It must have been your cordial Gayle, I hope she continues to improve.
The cook has to try her baking Chookie but 2 hot x buns!!  They really must have been delicious as I’m sure you didn’t intend eating that many.

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #21440 on: March 15, 2018, 12:16:07 pm »
It must have been your cordial Gayle, I hope she continues to improve.
Thanks Judy. Easy remedy that was worth a try :)
Djinni, I think your Chook has been sending messages to my Chook.   When I went up with the food scrap bucket, my sick Chook hopped in wth the others.   
A girl friend for the depressed budgie sounds nice.
Not a good day for the Diet. Went out for coffee and resisted the pastries. Had Diet lunch but cooked all afternoon.  Think I will have to keep out of the kitchen.  Ate 2 hot X buns for dinner.  :-X. They were delicious.
Hope your chook improves too Chookie.
It is hard to diet when you spend a lot of time in the kitchen Chookie, especially your kitchen. All manner of delicious things are produced there!
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21441 on: March 16, 2018, 12:37:00 pm »
You may be right about the depressed budgie. Or we could try the magic raspberry cordial!

I popped out early this morning to buy some hydrocortisone spray for myself. I have had a reaction to something on my face. It’s exactly the same as when I had the reaction to the sun screen, but no sunscreen was involved this time. I don’t know what it was.  I looked like a cooked lobster! I will have to be careful and watch what I do use. I’ve known people who develop allergies to things they have used for ages.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21442 on: March 16, 2018, 12:58:53 pm »
Yes it happens sometimes cookie, a darn nuisance trying to work out what caused it though.

Busy day here, AGM of Probus today followed by lunch with some of the girls. Onto the nursing home only to trip up a kerb in the car park and as both hands were full I fell flat on the side of my face. That concrete was pretty hard!  It instantly came up like an egg, everyone was marvellous and after holding a small tub of ice-cream against it for 15 minutes the swelling went down.  A doctor who was on his way out stopped and looked at me, gave me the all clear which I appreciated and a couple of hours after that I went to the optometrists to have my glasses fixed.  The chap broke the arm off whilst trying to put it back in the right spot so he went off and found a new frame and just took the parts he needed.  Surprisingly I didn’t even end up with a headache but my eyelid looks as if it has black eye shadow on it. Note to self - look where you’re going!

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21443 on: March 16, 2018, 03:29:29 pm »
I hope you find what's causing the problem Cookie. :-* :-*

Judy take care of yourself.  :-* :-* Having a fall is not pleasant at all. Great news the doctor checked you out.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What have you been doing today?
« Reply #21444 on: March 17, 2018, 11:40:06 am »
Judy, that isn’t good at all. I’m pleased that you don’t have any major damage to yourself.

I had a rather close shave today that stirred me up a bit. DH was putting the old Ute onto the car trailer and I was directing him so that the wheels went up the ramps. When the car got to the end of the trailer something happened and it revved up and came over the end of the trailer pushing me up against the back of the car that had the trailer hitched to it. I really thought I was going to be crushed for a milli second or so. I have a cut on my back and I guess I will get one heck of a bruise.  It just shows you how easy accidents happen.
It took us hours to get the Model A off the trailer as we had to unhitch it and take it over the front of the trailer as it was far to heavy and hard to get back onto the trailer.

In the photo we have jacked the front of the old car up and put it on blocks, but we had to dismantle that and take the car of front wards.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 11:42:26 am by cookie1 »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21445 on: March 17, 2018, 12:46:32 pm »
Cookie, that’s not good at all.  Are there no male neighbours that can give DH a hand when these difficult jobs need to be done? 

Denise, what have you been up to today - can you top what we other two moderators have been up to?

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21446 on: March 17, 2018, 02:51:15 pm »
Wow Cookie that was a close shave!!!! Take care of yourself  :-* :-* :-*

Cookie, that's not good at all.  Are there no male neighbours that can give DH a hand when these difficult jobs need to be done? 

Denise, what have you been up to today - can you top what we other two moderators have been up to?
I can't top you and Cookie. The only thing I did today, walk in a snow storm with Chance this morning. :o
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #21447 on: March 17, 2018, 06:30:41 pm »
Judy and Cookie, take care. Accidents just seem to happen. 
Today is the 14 th Birthday of our GS.   Tomorrow the 50 th of our DS. When GS was due to be born, DS asked his sister if she could hang on to him for another day so they could share a Birthday.  She said, no way.
 We are having them all to lunch.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21448 on: March 17, 2018, 10:16:47 pm »
Have a great day with your family Chookie.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #21449 on: March 17, 2018, 11:39:55 pm »
We have been up early, took the kids skiing, and on the biscuits. lake is 70% full now.
4 kids for the weekend.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url