Author Topic: thermomix butter dish  (Read 5646 times)

Offline auds

• View Profile
thermomix butter dish
« on: December 08, 2011, 01:00:33 pm »
I bought one of these today and lost the instructions. Long story. I know the butter goes in the dish upside down and sits in water. Does anyone have the proper instructions. Thanks

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
Re: thermomix butter dish
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 03:49:16 pm »
I know there is something about butter bells on the forum, i just can’t find it in the mean time i hope this helps 
http://www.butterbell.com/page/how-it-works
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline auds

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 11:25:27 pm »
That is exactly what I needed. Thanks fundj' you are a treasure  :-*

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 01:19:17 am »
your welcome ;D
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline JuliaBalbilla

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 04:35:01 pm »
Where do you get Thermomix butter dishes from?  I have never heard of them, but then again TMX Australia seems to sell more things than UK does.

JB
Rosemary from Bournemouth formerly Gloucestershire

Offline Lilli33

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 03:55:14 am »
 Hey Auds, where did you get your butter bell. I'm looking for one I. aus to save me a few dollars but can't find one. Love any assistance. The other convo didn't mention where in aus they would be coming to. Ta
TC owner from Adelaide. Thanks for sharing the journey and inspiring me to cook new things.

Mum to DS 9 DD7 and DS almost 2

Offline auds

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 05:36:37 am »
I got mine from a TM cooking class. I would assume you can. Get them through your consultant. When its too hot the butter falls out though so only going to use mine in cooler weather. Cheers

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 06:31:44 am »
Nice to see you back posting auds, missed you there for a while.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 01:30:45 pm »
nope not from your consultants if you are interested PM me and I will send you the details of the person selling them  ;)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Lilli33

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2012, 03:40:20 am »
I found the lady in cobar who I think is the only seller in aus of the butter bell crock. I have actually ordered 3 from the states for mum my sister and myself. I was trying to go local, but it was just about twice the price. I got it the other day and love it! Yay.
TC owner from Adelaide. Thanks for sharing the journey and inspiring me to cook new things.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2012, 09:13:30 am »
Hmm originally the only lady who imported them in to Aus, was here in Perth, around the corner from me. I wonder if they are sharing or if someone else has jumped on the bandwagon from the other (as either could have been the first IYKWIM) ... interesting.

what brand are they and how much are they Lilli from the lady in Cobar?

The ones I can get a Emile Henry's and cost $40 plus postage  :)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2012, 09:29:56 am »
Juliabilla never heard of them as theyarent useful here.. You can leave butter out of the fridge quite often without it melting lol... My inlaws do it all the time and just put butter in a ceramic dish on top of their fridge..

I hadnt heard of them either before someone posted about them a while ago and they are french made lol..prob more common in the south but seriously dont think they are useful in europe with our heat.. Even tried looking for them way back and couldnt find nyone who sells tm here so thought that is obviously for a reason.. Its to keep the butter cool out of the fridge.. They are pretty though..
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Lilli33

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2012, 12:22:15 pm »
Yeah they are the ' butter bell crock' so different brand. She sells them for $38-$41 from memory plus $10 per piece del. I got the exact same one, colour brand etc. from amazon. They worked out to $27 ish delivered from the states because there were three and postage was a bit cheaper per unit. Would have been $31 for one del. you can get them directly from here... http://www.butterbell.com/index.php but postage was more expensive. Amazon have a few cheaper brands too.

In our real summer, they might struggle if we get over 38 for a few days or ten... But we have the airco on if we need. I haven't had a proper butter container full stop, so it's lovely to have a nice one now. I won't instantly have butter out anyway, but certainly much more than ever before!