Author Topic: The Happy Thread  (Read 1012880 times)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
Re: The Happy Thread
« Reply #2355 on: February 19, 2013, 11:09:09 pm »
That's great Nikki :D

I still have no news on the job front :-\ I'm going to hand my resume around a few places today. I rang a cafe yesterday and the lady said she had a staff member leaving but already had someone lined up to take his place. Bummer! :(

Maybe I could form a trumpet duo with Suzanne's DS and we could make lots of money busking ;D

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: February 19, 2013, 11:36:34 pm »
That's what happens with a lot of jobs Amy they are filled by work of mouth and never advertised.

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: February 20, 2013, 04:27:31 am »
Darn Amy, well hope the next one comes your way. Keep trying and stay positive.

I'll send Miss 11 down to you Amy, she has been playing the clarinet for 12 months, is thoroughly hormonal and very trying at the moment. She'd make up the trio and you can all busk to your hearts content.

Not that I'm trying to get rid of her or anything, but if you offered I'd put her on the next bus down!! (Just pay me back the bus fee and all will be good...  :o )

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: February 20, 2013, 04:34:42 am »
 ;D ;D ;D  love it Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: February 20, 2013, 05:07:07 am »
I feel for you Nikki, but I don't think I'll be adopting your Miss 11 ;D Sorry!

Job hunting again this afternoon... :-))

*suzanne*

Re: Re: The Happy Thread
« Reply #2360 on: February 20, 2013, 05:38:00 am »
good luck job hunting Amy
your funny nikkit gotta love tweens
happy today finally got to the hairdresser's so I feel like a new woman amazing what 3hrs in a chair can do for you ;D

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: February 20, 2013, 05:52:20 am »
Amy - I wasn't asking you to adopt her - just take her!!
She does have some good points, she can cook, she is pretty clean, loves animals, gives good cuddles, is happy (most of the time), is very good at public speaking. I'm sure there is more...

Suzanne - tweens - yes, that's her. Knew there was a word for her "stage".
I need your chair too - not feeling very wonderful at the moment. Amazing what a tween and a teen can do to you - and it ain't all good!

Miss 16 took about 15 years off my life as she drove us to school thismorning. Screamed around a right angle corner at 60 and looked at me and said " oh that was a bit quick for that corner wasn't it?". I had to take a deep breath (I think it was me that screamed actually) prised my fingers out of the armrest, poked my heart back into my chest, pulled my foot out of the floor where I had tried to brake and ever so calmly said "yes darling, I think we need to slow down a bit more for that one thanks".
Soooooo glad there was no-one coming the other way - all they would have seen was me in the passenger seat like this   :o :o :o

mcmich

« Reply #2362 on: February 20, 2013, 05:55:49 am »
She does have some good points, she can cook, she is pretty clean, loves animals, gives good cuddles, is happy (most of the time), is very good at public speaking. I'm sure there is more...

Sounds pretty good to me. Why are you trying to get rid of her?  ;D ;D

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: February 20, 2013, 05:59:00 am »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D   . .love it!!  Admire your self control!!  Maybe one of those speed limiters (is that what they're called?) attached to the car so it only goes perhaps 40 k/p/h?? ;D ;D  Thinking way back, I do seem to recall the driver  somewhat firmly closing doors when we arrived home! ;D ;D ;D

*suzanne*

Re: Re: The Happy Thread
« Reply #2364 on: February 20, 2013, 06:25:27 am »
I never did the driving lessons with dd20 that was dh job I called it father daughter bonding

• View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: February 20, 2013, 06:27:56 am »
ROFL Nikki ;D ;D ;D
I had my last driving lesson this morning and we did a mock test, I only made one teeny tiny error :D So that is my happy!
Test on Friday.... EEK! ;D

Sounds pretty good to me. Why are you trying to get rid of her?  ;D ;D

My thoughts exactly Mich :-)) :)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: February 20, 2013, 06:36:22 am »
Great Amy
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: February 20, 2013, 06:45:22 am »
Hormones mcmich and Amy - they are just the pits when they can't handle them and will not listen to any reasoning and advice on what to do. I tried to have a chat with her last night and said that I had been her age and had gone through what she is going through, all I got was a withering look and "yes, but that was SO LONG AGO, you don't remember all of it and it has changed now"  :-))
PARDON ME! It has changed? Gee - can anyone tell me how and what has changed please!
It was a real struggle not to bust a gut laughing! Obviously I am way over the hill and have absolutely no idea what I am talking about.  :-))

The father daughter bonding thing with the driving lessons isn't working so well. They are both too much alike! We are paying someone to take her for lessons. (have a new instructor who is wonderful) But I get her to drive when I can so she just keeps learning. I try very hard to keep my mouth shut and not tell her what to do.

Good Luck Amy - you'll blitz your test  :)

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: February 20, 2013, 07:00:19 am »
Amy, just I case I forget tomorrow , I'm wishing you all the best for the test, you will be fine, Great in fact," Look Out Australia ". Here she comes..... :-*

• View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: February 20, 2013, 07:03:03 am »
Thanks Brenda ;D :-* Oh the freedom..... I can't wait :D

Nikki, I've heard that all hormonal young girls are like that :-)) So don't feel special LOL ;D
Oh, and I'd also be fascinated to know how hormones have changed, if she'd care to enlighten us ;D

Good idea paying someone else to take her for lessons. Its expensive but worth it, I think ;) Less domestics!