Author Topic: The Happy Thread  (Read 1012615 times)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: The Happy Thread
« Reply #945 on: September 22, 2012, 06:00:44 am »
happy its the weekend so I an cook
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #946 on: September 23, 2012, 10:57:25 pm »
I am happy thismorning as I had an awesome weekend. I got to tow my float with my new car, so was very happy everything worked there. After not seeing a cow for 6 months I am stoked that my horse got in and worked really well over the weekend in the cutting copetition. He was a star in my eyes! Our scores were bad, but I had a couple of huge break throughs with him (and me), all my work is starting to gel and we had a blast. We cut out one cow who was a real sweetie and we did get down and boogey-ed there for a bit.  We went hard, so I am so sore today. Came pretty close to getting sand in my knickers in one spot where I thought the cow, me, my horse and another rider and horse were all going to end up close and friendly in the corner :o

So I had a brilliant weekend, no sand in my knickers and we both came out of the pen with a smile!!

Sorry, that probably doesn't make any sense to many, but I am just happy happy happy that I had a really good weekend doing what I want to do with my spunky horse.

Off to do happy dances - carefully - 'cos I have a few muscles I forgot I had - while I clean the house!

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #947 on: September 23, 2012, 11:36:02 pm »
LOL Nikkit, that sounds like a lot of fun, especially not getting sand in your knickers ;D ;D ;D

I'm happy that I'm using the skills I'm learning in my nutrition course to help a friend make her diet healthier :)

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #948 on: September 24, 2012, 12:51:26 am »
Funny Nikkit glad everything went so well  :D :D :D

Just letting you know my DS15 got a call back for the school musical, which I had said last week he only got in the chorus as a principal singer (30 in the chorus and 5 were principal singer) which is a bit disappointing as instead of picking the best singers they went with the older boys and one boy in particular is in my sons year (nowhere near a good singer) got a part I would say because his mother is a teacher at the school. Just a bit disheartened they didn't pick the best singers and went with political correctness. In the end it is a show that people are paying money to see they should have the best people in the parts.  ??? ??? ???

mcmich

« Reply #949 on: September 24, 2012, 01:00:46 am »
It's good that he is a principal singer Yvette, but disappointing that they best person for the part doesn't get it.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #950 on: September 24, 2012, 01:18:56 am »
Political correctness sucks, best person should get the part :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

[/url

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #951 on: September 24, 2012, 01:42:08 am »
How disappointing, however I'm sure he will shine in his part  ;)
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #952 on: September 24, 2012, 01:43:49 am »
Thanks ladies he will be fine just annoying, not saying he was the best for the lead, but should have got a principal part.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #953 on: September 24, 2012, 02:33:44 am »
we had a great weekend, I had 6 kids, slipping and sliding, in the pool too.

great weather for the holidays.. :)

[/url

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #954 on: September 24, 2012, 02:34:21 am »
It's lovely weather too Robyn  :)

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #955 on: September 24, 2012, 02:34:57 am »
I mean it's lovely weather here too Robyn

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #956 on: September 24, 2012, 05:39:22 am »

I'm happy that I'm using the skills I'm learning in my nutrition course to help a friend make her diet healthier :)

That is great Amy. It is good that you can use what you have learned to help a friend.  :) :)

• View Profile
« Reply #957 on: September 24, 2012, 05:50:45 am »
Thanks Den :) I'm also happy that we're going to a dancing class together tonight. I'm helping her find an exercise that she will enjoy so she will stick at it ;)

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #958 on: September 24, 2012, 06:38:19 am »
Thanks Den :) I'm also happy that we're going to a dancing class together tonight. I'm helping her find an exercise that she will enjoy so she will stick at it ;)

What kind of dancing? DW and I used to do ballroom dancing. It is fun and a good workout.  Even though I am much fitter now then when we were dancing regularly I get tired quickly when we jive or cha cha. 

• View Profile
« Reply #959 on: September 24, 2012, 06:46:32 am »
Um... we're actually going pole dancing :o But its just for fitness!! :)

I always wanted to learn ballroom, but there aren't any good studios down here for that type of thing. I'd still love to learn someday :)