Author Topic: Recipe Review Coffee Frappe Quick Fix in the TMX page 214  (Read 18705 times)

Offline mrsmac

• View Profile
Re: Recipe Review Coffee Frappe Quick Fix in the TMX page 214
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2012, 07:58:07 am »
I am so glad I bought this book, have tried a few recipes out of it, and they have been very successful.   As for the coffee frappe', as I'm not a coffee lover at all, I thought I'd try it on my DH and my loving parents.  The result wasn't quite what I expected, as we only occasionally use coffee in our house, we buy the more decadent Moccano Indulgence variety, and as I followed the recipe to the tea, the main response was that it was way too strong!!!  I haven't made it since so will look at reducing it from 20g to 10g and seeing how it goes.  I have modified the recipe and swapped out the coffee with Milo and that has been a treat for DS6 and his two mates  ;D all of them giving it the thumbs up, plus I also halved the recipe for them since it makes so much

Offline snappy

• View Profile
Re: Re: Recipe Review Coffee Frappe Quick Fix in the TMX page 214
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2012, 03:58:21 am »
Just made this for afternoon tea using a couple of shots of short black (don't have instant coffee).  I also put a couple of teaspoons of crio bru in - hoping it will give me the attention to get off this forum and do my uni assignment!

absolutely delicious- will be making it regularly throughout summer!

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2012, 10:30:05 am »
Thanks for that Snappy, I saw the recipe in the book and also don't keep any kin of instant coffee I. The house only a coffee machine, so will use two shots of espresso.  When you say you put in teaspoon of crio bru, do you mean the liquid or the grounds??

Offline snappy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2012, 11:54:52 am »
I mean the grounds (unbrewed).  I add them with the sugar to grind them up.  You still get some granules in your drink but I don't mind that

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2012, 07:06:29 am »
Sounds like a new flavour to be investigated.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2012, 01:38:44 pm »
Made this for the first time today with two shots of espresso. Very nice!!

Offline Ekusumo

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2013, 08:52:58 am »
Made this for guests today and they were impressed. What a cooling and delicious treat. I used a 3 in 1 coffee sachet and it was just right for us.

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2013, 02:48:29 pm »
This is the first recipe I tried from this book I received from Christmas. It was the perfect day for it. Loved it, except for the fact that it was too sweet for me. I think this has to do with the fact that I used a Jarrah flavoured coffee which probably has coffee in it already. Next time I will just use a shot or two from the coffee machine.

It was enough for 2 of us however our toddler was very keen to have it too and wouldn't let hubby drink his. Fortunately she went to bed on time.

Here's a photo:

Offline blackwood

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2016, 02:50:46 pm »
I made this recipe after a hot day yesterday. During the earlier steps I thought that I'd stuffed up...but once I added the butterfly attachment and did that step it turned out light and enjoyable.

I would probably make a few changes if I were to do it again (just personal preference):
I would reduce the sugar to 30g
I would reduce the coffee slightly (I was using instant coffee moccona dark roast, which was probably a little too strong for my taste buds)
Or....I'd probably prefer it with a shot of espresso coffee instead of the instant.

Next time we have a hot day (probably tomorrow at this rate) I'll try it again using less sugar and a shot of espresso coffee :) Will report back!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2016, 01:23:35 am »
I haven't made this for ages. Thanks for the reminder. It's over 35 everyday here at the moment. I think I'll use an espresso shot for mine, in the middle of the afternoon.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline spersephone

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2016, 08:27:46 am »
Yum yum yum, but I must say it's easier and quicker in the Vitamix in this case.