Author Topic: Cleaners  (Read 11438 times)

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
Re: Cleaners
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2012, 09:55:59 am »
Thanks Gert, hope my police check comes quickly.

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2012, 12:23:56 pm »
Well she received her payment (through the real estate agent as she left no contact details on the invoice just her business name and abn no.) in full.

I have recently messaged her saying I will be asking for payment for the damaged flywire and to confirm she recieved payment (which apparently she has from real estate agent) but I have not heard back as yet and doubt I will hear further.

Gert - although you think her payment is fair....I think if you saw what she actually did it's a pretty poor effort especially since we didn't do the dirtiest things which were more important to me that she said she would and also the fact that she spent longer than she said she would and only did half of what she said.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2012, 01:02:39 pm »
Tasty you know best fer sure.  I have to confess I do have A certain sympathy for  GOOD  ( not shouting just  emphasisng MM)  cleaners . There are a lot of rat bags out there and obviously you got a gem of one.

I get it and it is sooo disappointing.  I have to say that buying a house is very stressful and Real Estate agents do not make it any easier.
They promise the world and often fail to deliver. Tears all around.   I may have to confess my daughter and partner are both RE agents . Having said that my DH's partner is exceptionally  ethical. My DD works in law so knows the ropes.

I know your stomach sunk at the sight. You were totally distressed . I was there with you. But also  l would  be totally p****d off at the owner and the RE agent who collected the commission. I would be more angry at the RE agent who recommended her friend knowing it was an impossible task and was possibly  collecting a commission from her as well..

It was a really bad nasty experience. I am glad you posted it. A warning  to all of us and especially any of us shopping for a new house like Frozzie.

It is not difficult to have these things written into the contract if it is an issue. Also good to,negotiate a lower price for cleaning  up,the crapola.

And also  an inspection before the cheque changes hands is  essential.  It is amazing how the buyer can control  it the contract is well written.

Tasty I would not wish your experience on anyone. I am sure you have been sick in the stomach over the whole sorry mess.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2012, 03:08:35 pm »
Wow, the more I read about it, the more I know how blessed I was having bought our house from owners who really looked after it when they rented after settlement.
Think I'll send them a little bonus as a thank you...
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2012, 01:46:01 am »
The more I read this the more I realise how dirty my house is..... got to get me a cleaner (a good one).
Melbourne, inner north

mcmich

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2012, 08:05:08 am »
LOL, deedub  ;D