Author Topic: Impossible Quiche pg 78 Devil of a Cookbook  (Read 12967 times)

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
Re: Impossible Quiche pg 78 Devil of a Cookbook
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2012, 02:57:27 pm »
I made this for lunch today and it was delicious! It worked out even though half way through cooking I had to turn it to low because I had to go out to the paddock for half an hour.

I turned it back up when I got home and it was perfectly fine. I, too would add some corn kernels for that 'crunch' and maybe some grated carrot too.

Edited to add: I had forgotten that I'd made this from the book. Must make it again.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 11:50:10 am by meganjane »
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline ELH05

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2012, 04:09:21 am »
Made it last night - didn't get the crust but was still a lovely flavour plus added peas & corn

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2012, 02:02:23 pm »
Made this last night with gluten free flour to take to a BBQ. Just letting everyone out there on a gluten free diet know that gluten free plain flour worked really well in this recipe.  Lovely texture and the two cheeses worked really well. I didn't add spinach but I agree that would make a good modification to the original recipe.
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"
Albert Einstein

Offline thermo18

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2012, 02:39:06 am »
I have made this a few times as DD just loves it, I included some baby spinach which just finishes it of perfectly, a great light meal  :)

Offline sue_purrb

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2013, 07:25:48 am »
 I made this last week as I needed something quick and easy. I substituted bacon for ham, and next time would chop that by hand instead of in the TM.

I think I would prefer quiche with a pastry base, but if time is short, this is a winner.
Beauty is only fur deep.....

Offline foodgroupie

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2013, 01:32:51 pm »
So simple easy, I like it without pastry, nice and light =)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2015, 10:49:48 pm »
Made this yesterday for a quick lunch before we went to the Hopman Cup. Added 2 large handfuls of spinach. Yum.
 :)
Mum to Crown Prince......