Author Topic: Error 52  (Read 82905 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Error 52
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2011, 02:07:03 am »
Good to hear Trish, wonder how the moisture managed to get there though?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2011, 06:44:19 am »
Probably condensation from the frozen meat JD
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2011, 06:46:44 am »
OK thanks Meagan, it must have been very frozen then. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2012, 07:13:14 am »
I just got an error 52 - first error message since having TMX. Tried to fix with a few failed attempts but fortunately all good now.

Trying to convert a baby food recipe and trying to use memory instead of reading steps which are relevant from other recipes. Whoops!

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2012, 07:25:09 am »
Good to hear Trish, wonder how the moisture managed to get there though?

At high speeds, moisture can also be sucked up into the inside of the TMX from the bench, so as well as keeping the Thermomix clean and dry at all times, I have learned to pay attention to drying the bench as well as wiping up any spills.
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline kathleenm

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2012, 04:37:13 am »
it coud be your heating pins too. after you have cleaned and dry your tm you need to make sure the pins in the base of the jug are as dry as possible as moisture can get in that way. if error 52 comes up ring your consultant and get it serviced asap.

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2012, 01:24:21 am »
Before you call your consultant switch off and unplug your TM and remove the jug, dry the pins and leave it out of the housing for about 30mins-2hours then try again. If it repeatedly comes up then it needs servicing.
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline ThermomixBlogger

• Thermomix blogging fan from Canada.
    • View Profile
    • SuperKitchenMachine is an unofficial fan blog for fun cooking with Thermomix!
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2012, 08:27:43 pm »
Once again I'm EXTREMELY grateful to this forum for providing quick answers to just about any question we might have regarding Thermomix. :-* :-* :-*

This morning, as I was getting ready to make TWO cakes, I was shocked :o and horrified :o :o to find error 52 on the screen, and the blades not spinning faster than about speed 3. >:( :( ???

Now I know from experience that it's good policy not to panic :-)) at times like this because most Thermomix errors do fix themselves, with or without help from their owners. :) This is the second time in two years that I've had error 52, and just wanted to add my experience to this thread because I know it will help the next person for sure, just as the responses above helped me.

I concur that error 52 must be moisture related. Though it took a while, I was able to proceed and make my cakes after thoroughly drying out the Thermomix. (Note that Thermomix won't appear wet, but there may be dampness inside.) I turned it on its side and blew medium hot air into the vents under the machine. (not super HOT air, as I didn't want to cause further internal condensation.) Then I also used the hair dryer to blow warm air into the holes in the rubber where the prongs go. When doing this you have to be very careful to not pry those holes open so that the rubber is stretched and the integrity of your machine is compromised. If you use a pointed tool with gentle tip, like a toothpick for example, and very gently and slightly open each hole while blowing warm air into it with a hair dryer, this should help.

In between these steps I kept unplugging and plugging and testing the machine and noticed that it was gradually improving. At first the blades wouldn't spin past speed 3... then they went to speed 4 before the error message flashed, then to speed 5 etc. Finally, after propping up the hair dryer and letting it blow into the bottom of the machine for a few more minutes as I ran to check this thread on the computer, I returned to test again and all was well. BIG PHEEE-E-EEEE-W!!!

Thanks again and big virtual hugs to everyone on the forum who has helped out Thermomix friends around the world, and saved us from screaming, crying and panicking over error messages and other questions!

H.
ThermomixBlogger Helene

News, recipes and videos for Thermomix fans
around the world and at home.
Click: http://www.superkitchenmachine.com

Also Kitchen Kits for people who love Thermomix!
http://SuperKitchenKits.com

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2012, 01:34:38 pm »
Helene I'm glad you got this sorted out. I had my very first error the other day and it was error 52. It's very scarey when you are planning to use the machine a lot.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2014, 07:34:17 am »
I've just had my first Error 52. I hope I can sort the moisture on the blades or I will have 2 sick machines.  :-\ :-\

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2014, 07:55:12 am »
All is well. I steamed the terrine for one and a half hours and I think a tiny bit of condensation must have got on the blades. I double love him again.  :D