Author Topic: Recipe review: Express Red Pepper Hummus Demonstrators Delight page 11  (Read 2056 times)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I didn't have a jar of red peppers ( capsicums) so used a yellow jar of peppers in brine that I had in my pantry.My finished result was very sloppy.Maybe because I didn't drain the peppers or chickpeas long enough or a better result would be achieved using peppers in oil.The addition of a clove or two of Tenina's Confit Garlic would be nice.Needs a bit of tweaking to get it to the consistency I like.
DH and I enjoyed it though.

Linked CC
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 01:34:46 pm by Cornish Cream »
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Recipe review: Express Red Pepper Hummus Demonstrators Delight page 11
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 01:34:08 pm »
I imagine with the addition of peppers, it would be tastier than plain hummus Denise. I'm not a fan of plain hummus.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 03:49:54 pm »
I bought that book and have not made one thing from it  :( Such a shame CC, you would think that the demonstrators would be able to submit some good recipes at least
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 07:31:17 pm »
I've got another two recipes ear marked from the booklet for the challenge CP.Fingers crossed that they will be okay.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.