Author Topic: Hi from Southern Spain....  (Read 6354 times)

Offline bron

• View Profile
Hi from Southern Spain....
« on: February 05, 2009, 06:37:11 pm »
Hi everyone....
Have just bought a Thermomix as my xmas pressie (to myself) and it's the best thing I have ever done!  ;D
I have lived in Spain for over 20 years now,  I am originally from London, but I guess I am probably more Spanishy now than English! However they are just certain things here in Spain that lack a little, like desserts and cakes...which is how I found you!!! Looking for yummy desserts, to surprise all my friends with.
I have great Spanish recipes for you all, so if anybody would like something Spanishy...just let me know
Look forward to exchanging stuff....
Amanda
Amanda

Spain

Offline UnConundrum

• View Profile
    • What I love to eat
Re: Hi from Southern Spain....
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 06:57:30 pm »
Hi, Nice to meet you Amanda.  I'm sure you'll enjoy your visits here :)

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 08:47:13 pm »
hi amanda, welcome to the forum! feel free to share some of your favourites :)
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 10:49:54 pm »
Welcome, from one Amanda to another!
Amanda,
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 11:08:58 pm »
Have been nosing around, and its fantastic what you have all done! Congratulations to you! ;D

I have had my TH for almost a month now, but I feel like I have never been without it! It really is a marvel, its a good job that I work otherwise I would be in the kitchen 24h a day, as it is now, I sometimes don't get to bed till well past midnight.

My family were a bit sceptical about it at first...you know...maybe Mummys dinners wouldn't taste as nice in the TH, but thankgod they have adapted and accepted very quickly.

They are some fantastic recipes here in Spain as I think it has been going around for years and years here. In fact I am the last one out of all my friends and colleagues here in Malaga to get one, and believe me I have lots of friends and colleagues!

Was given a recipe yesterday for a Traditional Baked Cheesecake, I made it last night and it is soooooo amazing that I will have to get it on for you to try, and then make it again myself, as this one was demolished in an hour! And try and work out how to get photos on (although I must admit, it does look a bit complicated to get the photos on!)

Thankyou all for the lovely welcome, and I look forward to sharing some fab recipes, Spanish style, (with plenty of Garlic!!!) in return for Oz ones!
Ps. my brother lives down under, in Canberra, and he loves cooking, maybe I can persuade him to join us and get one too!
Amanda

Spain

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 02:31:31 am »
bron, there's a cooking class on this sunday if he wants to come!! or our local demonstrator sometimes posts here, or i can give you her details if he's interested ;)
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 03:47:35 am »
Welcome Amanda - great to have another "Spaniard" on board.  :-* :-* :-*

I wish that I could read and speak Spanish - I know a few phrases and am a member of a couple of Spanish TMX forums, but it would be so much easier if I could understand what Teresa Barrenechea was talking about (with such passion) in the Canal Cocina videos.

Hope we can provide you with some ideas form Oz.  ;D ;D ;D
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline UnConundrum

• View Profile
    • What I love to eat
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 03:53:15 am »

And other parts of the world !!!!     ;D

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 04:11:46 am »

SORRY,  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[. and other parts of the world.  (We forget that there is anywhere but Oz  ;) ;))
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 09:05:08 am »

Ain't that the truth, Warren!!  ;D

Welcome, Amanda.  Delighted to have you on board.
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2009, 09:06:04 am »

SORRY,  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[. and other parts of the world.  (We forget that there is anywhere but Oz  ;) ;))

hehehe  :D
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!