Author Topic: Cappuccino review  (Read 14742 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Cappuccino review
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2009, 02:42:39 am »
I expected you to say 'make ice-cream' Bron :D :D :D :D but yes, maybe a tablespoon or two in the custard might make an interesting taste. Glad you accept my negative comments gracefully - no point not being honest is there?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline trudy o

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2009, 04:43:20 am »
im going to try it this afternoon.
thanks bron

Offline Kathy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2009, 02:25:46 pm »
I was at my cousins today and it was coffee time, she was using her coffee machine (a well named brand) big impressive thing on the bench (and before my TMX days I was envious :-[)  Well to see it in action was pathetic!! I then suggest should we do the milk in Thermalena, now the shoe is on the other foot with envy!!

Oh and TMX makes a mean latte, and hot choc!!

Offline baf65

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2009, 03:58:43 pm »
Im not sure , call me a coffee snob! but the TM just cannot do a proper shot of espresso, and make velvety steamed milk!!!
I still prefer to use my coffee machine for my cappucinos, the most I will do in the TM is grind the fresh roasted beans, and even then Im not so sure the result is as good as a proper grinder! 
Sorry I will have to say this is one thing a Thermomix cannot make is a proper good cappucino no matter what they say!! :)))

Offline Intrepidtrier

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2009, 06:08:05 am »
I am with Judydawn on this one. Made it up but used drinking chocolate instead of cocoa [thought they would both be the same sort of stuff] now have a whole container of it to try and drink. Not very nice.

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2009, 08:02:45 am »
Maybe it will be better adding 2 tablespoons to boiling milk! Try that one, as you have the jar full! I bet that will be nice, all done on speed 4 so that it is frothy. Use skimmed milk! Let me know if its any better! ???
Amanda

Spain

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2009, 09:27:13 am »
Tried it Bron, much better with milk.  Put 300g milk and 2 tablespoons of the mixture into TM bowl, heated for 5 minutes on 80o speed 4 and increased speed to 8 for the last 20 seconds. Made a large mugful.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2009, 09:42:32 am »
Found it! Its from an amazing cook in Canary Islands, I love reading through her blog! Rincon de Bea...
Here it is...

Sounds a bit like the coffee mixes that my staff use.  JD & Sandy - was sit the nutmeg and cinnamon that you didn't like?  Our staff can't stand the French Vanilla flavour. 

May be worth trying without the flavourings?

Looks like JD has posted while I've been typing - good to hear you like it now  ;D
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2009, 02:56:30 am »

I have found out a way to use up that coffee mixture that Bron posted and that I didn`t like. Just made the easy chocolate cake and instead of using cocoa powder put 2 tablespoons of the mix  in and it made the cake turn out real fudgy and yummy. So I hope that others can use this idea as well. Sandy
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.