Author Topic: Tuna, Zucchini and Caper Farfalle  (Read 4139 times)

Offline CateA

• View Profile
Tuna, Zucchini and Caper Farfalle
« on: April 25, 2011, 10:13:50 am »
Tuna, Zucchini and Caper Farfalle
Serves 4

400gms Farfalle
100gms day old white bread
70gms parmesan
Peel of 1/2 lemon
2 cloves garlic
50gms olive oil
1 medium Zucchini, thinly sliced lengthways (with mandolin or potato peeler)
425gm in tuna in oil
2 Tbspns capers, rinsed
large handful chopped flat leaf parsley

Cook farfalle in plenty of boiling water according to manufacturers directions, or cook in TM and keep warm in your Thermoserver, seasoned with salt and pepper and drizzled with olive oil to stop it from drying out.
Process the bread for 15 seconds on speed 8 to make chunky breadcrumbs. Remove from bowl and set aside. To TM bowl, add 30gms of the oil and cook for 3 mins at 100C on speed 1. Add breadcrumbs and toast for 2 mins at 100c on speed 3. Set aside toasted breadcrumbs.
Place lemon peel and parmesan in TM bowl and process for 15 seconds on speed 8. Set aside.
Place garlic in TM bowl and chop for 20 seconds on speed 9. Scrape down sides and add remaining 50gms oil. Saute for 2 mins at 100C on speed 1. Add zucchini, season with salt and pepper and saute for a further 2 mins on  :-: ^^ at 100C with the MC off. Add capers and tuna and cook for a further 3 mins on  :-: ^^. Add cooked farfalle, parmesan and lemon zest and cook for 2 mins at 100C on   :-: ^^. Sprinkle over toasted breadcrumbs and chopped parsley and serve.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 02:14:03 pm by CateA »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Tuna, Zucchini and Caper Farfalle
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 10:34:20 am »
This sounds nice CateA, thanks for another tuna dish with ingredients we usually have on hand.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline AMH

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 11:38:21 am »
Oh I wish I'd seen this before dinner-I was thinking of a lemony/zucchini/pasta thing and this sounds perfect.  Will have to give it a try.

Thanks CateA for posting the tip about breadcrumbs too-I had been wondering if that would work.

Offline CateA

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 02:17:22 pm »
No problem! The breadcrumbs aren't like when you do them in the pan but they do toast quite well. If you prefer them to be crispier and have the luxury of some spare time on your hands, you can always fry the breadcrumbs in the pan before or during the cooking of the rest of the dish :). The do use more oil that way than this recipe suggests though. Great for the taste buds perhaps, but no so much for the hips ;). I guess it is, at least, olive oil.