Author Topic: Turkey Meatballs with Oatmeal (with photo)  (Read 5225 times)

Offline farfallina

• View Profile
    • Thermomix Tarif Defterim
Turkey Meatballs with Oatmeal (with photo)
« on: January 31, 2011, 01:29:57 pm »

As I stated below while writing the ingredients needed, I didn't use any eggs. It sure had nothing to do with my liking or unliking of eggs in general but I simply forgot to put them! After I started baking I saw my 2 eggs on the countertop looking at me :)

I don't know how much difference the lack of eggs made but luckily we liked how it tasted even without the eggs. Next time I make it I'll make sure to try with eggs and let you know the difference

Turkey Meatballs with Oatmeal:

Ingredients:

Meatballs
110g white oats
125g milk
15g parsley leaves
150g red pepper, roughly chopped
80g onion, quartered
800g turkey breast, cleaned from the bones and nerves, chopped into mid sized cubes
2 eggs (I didn't use)
20g olive oil
Cumin
Black Pepper (fresh ground)
Salt

Tomato Sauce
300g tomatoes (I used cherry tomatoes)
10g tomato paste
Salt, black pepper (fresh ground)
1 bay leaf ( I used a pinch of dried bay leaves)

100g onion

Preparation:
    * As first thing mix white oats and milk in a bowl and let it rest

* Put tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, black pepper and laurel in TM Bowl and prepare pure. 10 seconds on Speed 8-9. Set aside

* Clean TM Bowl. Chop parsley for 5 seconds on Speed 7
    * Add red pepper and chop for 0.5-1 second by Speeding up from 2 to 5. Repeat it a few times until they are chopped into small pieces without pureeing them. Set aside

* Chop onion for 3 seconds on Speed 6. Scrape down with spatula and repeat it.
    * Add 250g of turkey and mince for 10 seconds on Speed 7, set aside
    * Put 250g of turkey and mince for 10 seconds on Speed 7, set aside
    * Mince the remaining 300g turkey for 10 seconds on Speed 7
    * Put all minced turkey back in TM Bowl. Add white oats, chopped red pepper-parsley mixture, eggs, oil, salt, cumin and fresh ground black pepper. Knead for 1.5 minutes.
    * Wrap with plastic film and let it rest in the fridge for 1 hour

* Cover oven tray with baking paper. Prepare your turkey balls. (I used one of Ikea's Drömmar cookie cutters, 4,5 x 5,5cm about)

* Spread some tomato sauce and place finely sliced salt rubbed onions on the top

* Cook for 30-45 minutes at 200ºC (Mine required 45 minutes)

* If tomato sauce and onion start to overbrown, cover with a piece of aluminum foil and then continue to cook

Afiyet olsun...

You can serve together with salad, baked potatoes and mustard

Photos: http://thermomixtarifdefterim.blogspot.com/2011/01/turkey-meatballs-with-oatmeal.html
http://www.dokuzuncubulut.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=352:yulaf-kofte&catid=66:kurabiye-tarifleri&Itemid=96

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Turkey Meatballs with Oatmeal (with photo)
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 06:39:49 pm »
These look interesting Farfallina,love the idea of the topping.I made a honey cake once and left the eggs out by mistake,the birds enjoyed the end result. :D :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.