Author Topic: The Tarts Tart  (Read 9984 times)

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
Re: The Tarts Tart
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2012, 03:56:02 am »
Not at all CP, I was thinking mine didn't look as good as yours!  :D  My sweet potato was more prominent because there were lots of onions and zucchini underneath.  If I had a smaller but deeper tin then they wouldn't stick out as much.  ;D

I think this tart would be perfect as part of a serve yourself table because you wouldn't have to worry about it getting cold as it tastes better cooler anyway, plus the slices don't fall apart when lifted with hands.  It's a good recipe.  :D

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2012, 03:57:59 am »
Thanks JO  :D I'll let my friend Jane know that her tart is getting the thumbs up here - she'll be tickled pink
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2012, 10:37:33 am »
We loved this tart too CP.  I used proscuitto because that was all I could get at Foodland, tasty cheddar instead of gruyere, added some caramelised garlic to some caramelised onion I had in the fridge and it was very tasty. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2012, 11:22:50 am »
That looks great Judy.  Looks like it fitted well in that long tart tin.  Will remember that next time.

Forgot to say that I too used aged cheddar instead of the Gruyere as when I opened the packet it really smelled bad and I couldn't face using it.  I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a smelly cheese as I haven't had it before, but I wasn't taking a risk.  :P

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2012, 11:29:23 am »
There's a little bit of the eggy mixture that wouldn't fit into the tin Julie but I'll add some more eggs to it tomorrow and have scrambled eggs or an omelet or something to use it up.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2012, 11:35:35 am »
Thanks for that Judy, yes I'm sure you'll have no trouble using it up.  :D

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2012, 02:51:29 am »
looks lovely JD, glad you enjoyed it. In the original recipe the spinach was put in after the sweet potato but I found that it was best to put it in first as the potato holds it down and then I poked around for a abit of spinach to come closer to the top. I will probably make this again this week.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand