Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4523228 times)

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #6915 on: January 09, 2013, 10:22:07 pm »
Hahaha, love the french toast stamper.

Funnily enough, I just got a cookie alphabet stamp thing too - just the letters and slider thing to put them on, and a square cutter.  
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

mcmich

« Reply #6916 on: January 10, 2013, 12:29:57 am »
Lovely cake Jo.  :)

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6917 on: January 10, 2013, 04:30:14 am »
I have 2 cookbooks from the author of Gifts from your Kitchen maddy (Jean Pare) so that should be a great little book.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #6918 on: January 10, 2013, 06:54:23 am »
I know you weren't knocking him Frozzie :D
Financially they can put their money to better use at this moment but when DIL goes back to work they will consider buying TMX as they now know that they will use it.
Lucky them as they will have 2 machines  :D
I think it's great that there are cheaper options for people who don't want to spend $2000.
Obviously there must be a great difference in quality but a good intro into a different style of cooking and food preparation.

ThE latest news is that their machine has stopped heating so useless for cooking now.  >:( Good guys are offering a replacement but DIL thinks she will take the refund instead. I recommend she takes it and runs. Was worth the try but in the end useless.
Surely they can't keep selling substandard machines. Too many people are returning them and all with different complaints.  I know someone whose blades just spin so she is taking the refund. She has only had hers for 3 months which is ridiculous.
It's great for people to have a much cheaper option than TMX but only if it works. These ones aren't even lasting the 12 month warranty period.  That's my rant for the day  ;)

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #6919 on: January 10, 2013, 06:59:50 am »
Jamberie I have just had a good look at your avatar.  Is it the very hungry caterpillar? It is cute.

Jamberie, I too love the very hungry caterpiller, my eldest is almost 20 but I can still remember it word for word!!!!!
My other favorites were ENoch the Emu and The ELephant and the Bad Baby :)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6920 on: January 10, 2013, 07:29:08 am »
ES that is really great news. I can imagine how pleased you and your DS were.

Love the cake Jo. It looks quite professional.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #6921 on: January 10, 2013, 08:27:28 am »
Jo your cake looks amazing.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #6922 on: January 10, 2013, 08:35:36 am »
Jamberie, I too love the very hungry caterpiller, my eldest is almost 20 but I can still remember it word for word!!!!!

GHM Ihaven't heard of that one, as this is the shopping thread, I might just pop over to The Book Depository and have a look :D

One of my favourites at the moment is "I want my hat back". It is suitable for adults and kiddies. My DD likes  the bear, my DH likes that it could be a murder mystery hidden in a picture book!
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #6923 on: January 10, 2013, 10:05:06 am »
We bought a mini spit roaster from Bunnings.  A couple of people have one at my DH's work and they rave about them.
Think we will try a pork roast first.

http://www.bunnings.com.au/products_product_jumbuck-mini-spit-roaster_P3170306.aspx

Also my copy of Jerusalem arrived from the Book Depository today.

Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #6924 on: January 10, 2013, 10:17:50 am »
Bought Jamie's 15 minute cookbook ...hoping it will entice dd to cook during the holidays. Only $24!

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #6925 on: January 10, 2013, 11:54:39 am »
I stupidly saw te jerusalem cookbook for 26 dollars and didnt get it lol.. Was being good and restricting my cookbook addiction :(
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Bonsai

« Reply #6926 on: January 10, 2013, 12:31:20 pm »
Jamberie I have just had a good look at your avatar.  Is it the very hungry caterpillar? It is cute.

I remember the elephant and the bad baby (and my youngest is 19!) "you never once said please" is a cute ending. The jolly postman books are beautiful, along with a lot of other ahlberg books. I loved "each peach pear plum" and"we're going on a bear hunt" as we'll. some of my fondest memories are of my kids all snuggling around when I read them books.

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #6927 on: January 10, 2013, 01:01:59 pm »
Just downloaded the first season of Spooks on BBC iPlayer

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6928 on: January 10, 2013, 01:34:45 pm »

I remember the elephant and the bad baby (and my youngest is 19!) "you never once said please" is a cute ending. The jolly postman books are beautiful, along with a lot of other ahlberg books. I loved "each peach pear plum" and"we're going on a bear hunt" as we'll. some of my fondest memories are of my kids all snuggling around when I read them books.

I still remember Each Peach, Pear Plum word for word and that was after reading it to my younger brother day in and day out when he was in hospital  :-)) :-)) Never did buy the book for my kids, just recited it lol ... might have to go and buy the book for any grandkids that may come along, could forget the words with age  :D
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Bonsai

« Reply #6929 on: January 10, 2013, 01:59:03 pm »
I liked the gorgeous pictures too. Clever enough to keep grown ups amused after the 100th reading 😉