Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4522290 times)

Offline Jadey

• View Profile
    • Thermomixing with Jadey
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #4260 on: July 27, 2012, 07:19:16 am »
Oh Uni - I love Costco one of my favorite shopping outings. I have been thinking since buying Hermie that it would probably be worthwhile for things like Parmesan, flour etc. to go and do another trip out there in the next couple of weeks.

Has anyone tried the Ichiban Delicious noodles? They are amazing! I always come home with many many boxes of them.

Jadey :)
Jadey :) ... Northern Beaches, Sydney, Aus. 

Like my page on facebook Thermomixing with Jadey

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #4261 on: July 27, 2012, 08:14:20 am »
Maddy wht was the cake decorating kit you suggested to karenh i think it was??
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #4262 on: July 27, 2012, 08:19:30 am »
Looks great! Where is it coming from?

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #4263 on: July 27, 2012, 08:21:15 am »
Maddy wht was the cake decorating kit you suggested to karenh i think it was??

Hi Kim  :)
It was the wilton decorators caddy

Bought mine from ebay.
Lots of tips, colours etc, and handy to have your stuff all together....although I have a designated cabinet for all the sprinkles, glitters, cases etc.  :P
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4264 on: July 27, 2012, 10:36:51 am »
The Armorie looks very classy Maddy 8)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Jadey

• View Profile
    • Thermomixing with Jadey
« Reply #4265 on: July 28, 2012, 03:09:46 am »
That armoire is gorgeous! what a lucky DD

I also googled the Thermapen and it looks awesome. Just a bit exxy for me at this stage or it would likely end up on the order list.

My Australian Women's Weekly Retro Cookbook arrived in the mail yesterday and I picked it up today. It's amazing! MIL had a read through and says its the best cookbook she's ever seen. And since she's a mad fanatic and has everything under the sun that's a good review. I'll read through it a bit more later today.

Jadey  :)
Jadey :) ... Northern Beaches, Sydney, Aus. 

Like my page on facebook Thermomixing with Jadey

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4266 on: July 28, 2012, 07:55:36 am »
The rest of her room is so gorgeous maddy, this will really finish it off and sometimes you just have to go down the easy path instead of working your butt off all the time  ;)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4267 on: July 28, 2012, 10:55:34 am »
Maddy when the room is  all together can we take a peek? Sounds beautiful.

Jaydey you will have to. Give us some reviews of the retro cookbook. Sounds like a fun book.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #4268 on: July 28, 2012, 11:20:08 am »
Maddy when the room is  all together can we take a peek? Sounds beautiful.

I can give you a peek now...
The walls are a mauve sort of colour, and I painted the frames, ceiling, skirts all the one colour....really gives it a dramatic look.  I guess the theme is baroque-esque.

The bed head is studded with swarovski crystals...I know...a little o.t.t, but DD and I fell in love with it.  Just sparkles when the light hits it  8)

The curtains are black sheers, and went with the black blind as her room is the lightest in the house....and you know teenagers like to sleep in  :-))
I loved the quote above the curtains...DD is such an individual, I thought it was appropriate.

This at the foot of her bed for dvd's

this is the large mirror in the other corner, and this dresser is used as her desk

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #4269 on: July 28, 2012, 11:25:36 am »
Wow that is some room. No wonder DD loves it. Well done.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4270 on: July 28, 2012, 11:30:40 am »
Just stunning Maddy.One lucky DD to have such a beautiful bedroom 8)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline pumpkin pie

• View Profile
« Reply #4271 on: July 28, 2012, 11:43:09 am »
I still try to support local/interstate suppliers of produce.  Buying at farmers markets,etc. We  have a local dairy that is now producing & supplying milk o tour local  area and beyond. Good on them. I work with a lady, who, with her husband also run a dairy farm, and after listening the problems they are going through, with running costs, and undercutting with Coles and WW, you wonder why they keep going. Although I do make my own yoghurt, I have also been buying Gippsland dairy yoghurt and it is beautiful yoghurt. Please support your local suppliers where possible.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #4272 on: July 28, 2012, 11:54:29 am »
I agree PP. we do not buy much dairy in our house but when I do I always support our local  dairy farm. Farmers work so very hard for so little reward. It must be heartbreaking .

It must be hard though on those who buy a lot of milk not to be tempted to buy as cheaply as possible.  Of course if the milk is cheap  you can be sure you will pay more for other things in Coles and Woolies. You can never win.

Gert

Offline pumpkin pie

• View Profile
« Reply #4273 on: July 28, 2012, 12:10:00 pm »
I agree Gert, people who have to live on a strict budget, look for the cheapest, as I used to have to do years ago, and I also didn't take much notice or listen to the local producers that where suffering then, but this is becoming much  worse for our aussie producers both local and interstate. The government is allowing so much more o/seas imports into the country now, that even small on farm producing families are finding hard to make ends meet.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #4274 on: July 28, 2012, 12:17:07 pm »
It makes me really cranky that I cannot get Australian Grown things here in Cairns or the things that grow locally are first sent to Townsville or Brisbane before coming back here. We have potatoes just up the  hill from Cairns but they go halfway around the state before getting to my local Coles. How stupid that the local manager cannot source his own products.

Gert