Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4522647 times)

Offline Decadent Dot

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #3495 on: June 20, 2012, 06:24:29 am »
Deedub, Just think though of all the leftovers you can use up to create pies. It doesn't take much filling to go in the pie maker. Your pies will beat your budget for sure.
DD (short for Dot) Nottinghamshire, England
Educate a girl and you educate a family!

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: June 20, 2012, 07:08:17 am »
I've put one of those baguette pans in my online cart so many times, but then deleted it. Trying hard not to fill my cupboards with baking tins, but this forum makes me do bad things also. I must make a loaf of bread in the round tank tin soon so I can feel less guilty.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

stacelee

« Reply #3497 on: June 20, 2012, 07:31:45 am »
Does it count if it is my son who does the shopping :)....apparently he is bringing home yet another guitar...only he would go to England and bring a guitar home as a souvenir....someone needs to remind him that he is supposed to be a trumpet player!

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: June 20, 2012, 07:37:40 am »
Brilliant. There are quite a few duets written for Trumpet and guitar and your DS can play both parts!

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

stacelee

« Reply #3499 on: June 20, 2012, 07:41:28 am »
He's attempting to :).....he played something like three or four different instruments on his last composition assignment.  I'm pretty sure I don't have to worry about him trying to bring back Waterford crystal since I am currently trying to make sure that he has enough money on his card to buy food for the next few days (luckily he only has to pay for lunch....everything else is catered).

mcmich

« Reply #3500 on: June 20, 2012, 07:46:14 am »
My aebleskiver pan, tovolo cupcake pen and tovolo pancake pen just arrived....whooo hooo....I can feel some happy times in the kitchen with my feral fairy coming up.  She will be very pleased when I get home.

I will have to google these stacelee. Maybe I shouldn't in case I decide I need them.

Offline Jude59

• View Profile
    • Jude's Family Cafe
« Reply #3501 on: June 20, 2012, 07:50:02 am »
I know what you mean about excess tins.... I was sitting propped up in bed with my cup of coffee and ipad and was thinking how much money I was saving from the $100 challenge thread and as I was surfing around I saw those baguette tins.... then I had to buy other bits and pieces too because it was free postage over $100 :O)
My Blog - Jude's Family Cafe -
http://judefamilycafe.typepad.com/

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: June 20, 2012, 07:59:22 am »
Sucked in Jude :-))

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

stacelee

« Reply #3503 on: June 20, 2012, 08:07:25 am »
I've done that...the free shipping bit and then wondered why I have....but it feels so good to think that you've saved money :), even when you haven't.

The aebleskiver pan is a glorified danish pancake pan that you make filled pancakes in :) and the pancake and cupcake pens are to save my kitchen from being covered in cake/pancake mix every time the feral fairy decides to make them.  I seem to get batter everywhere.  I threatened to stop her and her cousin from ever coming in my kitchen once when they decided we HAD to make marshmallow iced cupcakes....I don't think there was a surface including the fridge and the rangehood that they didin't coat in the icing.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: June 20, 2012, 08:40:42 am »
Lol stacelee.

The justification on here just cracks me up!
Free shipping etc etc.

You can make baguettes Like this http://liverpoolrestaurants.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/img_0460.jpg
With a tea towel

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: June 20, 2012, 08:46:56 am »
For the rising part only DJ.  Still, once the baguette has been formed and risen, I suppose it would keep it's shape as it was cooking. I wonder how many people have tried putting the tea towel in the oven too :-))
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: June 20, 2012, 09:05:25 am »
Yes you are right the towel is for the rising and then eased on a flat baking sheet to bake.

It does work and is a cheaper option for those that can't afford to buy.

I use one towel per baguette as it is easy to roll of towel onto baking tray or pizza stone.

Hope this helps
JD

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: June 20, 2012, 09:10:50 am »
Could you just shape your baguette And wack it into  cold oven to rise and cook?

I have made bread sticks like that.

Gert

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: June 20, 2012, 09:41:01 am »
The baguette 'pan' is really good.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline snappy

• View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: June 20, 2012, 10:51:31 am »
My aebleskiver pan, tovolo cupcake pen and tovolo pancake pen just arrived....whooo hooo....I can feel some happy times in the kitchen with my feral fairy coming up.  She will be very pleased when I get home.

I can't believe nobody has asked yet - you're all behaving like it's the most normal thing in the world???

What is an aebleskiver pan - or is this one of those funny auto correct mistakes?