Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4523055 times)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #2910 on: May 15, 2012, 10:29:53 pm »
Thank you so much. My DH is a member here but does not have the time. I think she has done a few postings  but I can even remember her on line name. LOL!

He partner has in the past refused to eat leftovers but as DD's cooking improves  and since she has had For Foods Sake cookbook he has changed his tune. LOL!

I suppose once again I have been sucked into this thread. Now what will I buy? :-))

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: May 15, 2012, 10:50:21 pm »
I know her name Gretchen, I remember it started with an R so did a quick search (Rhada).  I think you meant DIL instead of DH in your posting, don't think your DH is a member here ;)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #2912 on: May 15, 2012, 11:15:00 pm »
I'm off to town this morning to buy my new cutlery set :)
And a hand held vacuum cleaner. My hand held dyson is giving me the s**ts as it stops and starts all the time, I had the motor and battery replaced a while ago because of this problem and now it's doing it again. So I'm buying a different brand :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: May 15, 2012, 11:15:44 pm »
Oh yeah Radha is my DIL . Sadly They will be moving to India at the end of the year so we won't be hearing much from her on the forum. I must ask DD what  her name is. Lady Frangapani maybe.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: May 15, 2012, 11:23:36 pm »
Ah, wrong one - you are talking about DD.  I'm clear with it now  :P

Offline Deeau

• View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: May 16, 2012, 12:35:00 am »
I have a irooba robot vac and I love it. I actually think it does a better job on my carpet than my older Dyson. I have mainly tiles and only carpet in the bedrooms, "Rosie" scoots under the beds etc all the places that are hard work with the reg vacuum. I must say that if you had long carpet etc I am not sure if you would be as happy with it. They are definatly best for open plan homes and I don't have small children so there is never really stuff on the floors to be picked up, but I find she makes her way easily round my dining chairs etc and under the table I run her every day in the living area ( tiles ) and bathroom ( white tiles ) and every 2nd day in the bedrooms ( carpet )  I  am amazed how much gets in the bin to be emptied when my floors actually looked clean.
I still use the dyson once a week before I wash the floors. Its great being able to cook while someone does the vacuuming for me! :D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: May 16, 2012, 04:10:34 am »
I still have lego on my lounge room floor......

It gets picked up before I vaccum.
Robyn
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: May 16, 2012, 08:15:56 am »
I always have to pick up an arrY of toys and bits and pieces before vacumming and mopping the floors.. I have a dyson and it does a great job and for places difficult to reach there are attachhments for that.. As for robot cleaners a few friends have them and seem happy but they often do it when they are out and i think if one your fanatical about floors you wouldnt like them and also with young kids ... Also from what ive heard terrible on carpets so really a hard floor only type gadget.. But again depends on how fanatical you are about your floors...i dont know how many bits of tiny lego and playmobil i fish out of the vacume cleaner rubbish before throwing it away lol.. Drives me insane but is a weekly ritual along with putting everything up off the floor to be able to give the floors a good clean 😊
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: May 16, 2012, 08:29:55 am »
I thinking got as far as googling them and thinking the review for the Neato one was better than the roomba.

Maybe one day. I have a dyson upright and an old cylinder vax. Both get used a lot. There is certainly a lot of flour on my kitchen floor and I have to vacuum/ wash 3 x week.

I remember thinking how good it would be to have the floors run over often while out on the farm. Of course it' still needs extra vacuuming by me weekly.

Better buy a lottery ticket & stop reading this thread!

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: May 16, 2012, 08:41:53 am »

Offline Merrilyn

• View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: May 16, 2012, 10:59:20 am »
I'm off to town this morning to buy my new cutlery set :)
And a hand held vacuum cleaner. My hand held dyson is giving me the s**ts as it stops and starts all the time, I had the motor and battery replaced a while ago because of this problem and now it's doing it again. So I'm buying a different brand :)

Dede, I had the same thing happen with mine.  Drove me nuts, and not what you'd expect from an expensive hand held.  I have the upright Dyson and  it's fantastic,  but the battery operated one was a dead loss.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 11:12:51 am by Merrilyn »
Never ask a 2 year old to hold a tomato  :-)

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: May 16, 2012, 11:00:23 am »
i booked a cooking class, does that count  ;D
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: May 16, 2012, 11:02:59 am »
Which one Uni?

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: May 16, 2012, 11:15:38 am »
it not a TM class

it will be a sweet making class.  the recipes are very old from the aeolian islands in italy,there is  just one thing i really would love  to learn is  vino cotto (cooked wine)
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: May 16, 2012, 11:38:24 am »
You don't know how to make vino cotto Uni  :o :o :o  Neither do I  ;D