Author Topic: Have you sold/got ri any of your other kitchen items now you have the thermomix?  (Read 14243 times)

Offline Mali

• View Profile
Hi all, I will be in the future getting rid a few items from my kitchen. Firstly because they are now no longer used and I don't think I will use them and secondly to offset the cost of the thermomix.

I'll be getting rid of these items;

breadmaker
steamer
magic bullet
hand chopper/whisker
ice cream maker
juicers x 2
scales x 2

thinking about getting rid of the magimix and possibly my Kenwood Patissier although I'm not quite sure yet.

Have many of you ruthlessly decluttered or do you advise keeping some items?

Offline Ceejay

• View Profile
    • wisdom comes in many misguided forms
I got rid of my breadmaker, stab blender and that's about it.  :)

I still use my juicer (an Oscar single geared due to heat/centrifical force/nutrition concerns of my own)
my ice cream maker (after mixing in the TMX)
my kenwood chef (for mixing extra recipes when TMX is busy cooking etc)
and my scales (electronic) for measuring sourdough feeds and other amounts when the TMX is in use.
The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a star.
~Anthelme Brillat-Savarin~

I don't always cook!  Sometimes I even parent! ;)
musingnmayhem

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I gave away my breadmaker and rice cooker, have kept everything else even though I don't use them.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Mali

• View Profile
I think I need to be ruthless really, and honest about what I do use and how frequently. I have too many gadgets taking up too much room anyway. I can't justify keeping things I don't use really...done that for far too many years. :-[

Offline containergirl

• View Profile
I freecycled our food processor but kept my braun stick blender (with small food processor bowl), aside from this we were pretty low tech.  I love the stick blender for small amounts of food.
Senior Princess
Pimlico Palace

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I've basically kept mine for when DD shifts. She does use the rice cooker and a couple of other things when we are away.
I no longer use my bread maker, rice cooker and stick blender. I still use my hand mixer on occasions for cakes and egg whites.  I have a perfectly good Kenwood in the cupboard but I don't think I would get rid of that.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Ceejay

• View Profile
    • wisdom comes in many misguided forms
I still use my rice cooker too... it's great for making larger amounts of rice and for bulking out meals.  The TMX wouldn't cook enough to serve my 4 and I.  ;)

I think the TMX has just encouraged me to use my other kitchen gadgets more...

We rarely use the stovetop now.. just the oven.  :P
The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a star.
~Anthelme Brillat-Savarin~

I don't always cook!  Sometimes I even parent! ;)
musingnmayhem

Offline BellaBear

• View Profile
I gave my breadmaker away virtually straight away.

I could also do without my food processor and juicer (don't use or particularly like either of them).  I could get rid of my blender (I hardly used it even before the TMX) but it is just so pretty so I probably won't.

Definitely could not get rid of my scales.  I have two - a "diet" one that does small quantities very accurately which I use all the time (even with the TMX).  The other ones just look pretty.  I'll also keep the hand mixer (for when TMX is in the wash) and stick blender.

Offline Mali

• View Profile
I 'forgot' I had a rice cooker too...oops...haven't used that for ages...another one for the list of things to go.

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
Got rid of my food processor, bread maker, stick blender, beaters (those ones with 2 whisks), tupperware chef classic 2 and happy chopper, saucepans, milk shake maker. I'm sure theres a couple of other things in there too... ???
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline RoxyS

• View Profile
I have an icecream maker that belongs to my DD put away now for when she moves out of home. My DS had bought a Bullet with all the attachments so that is likewise aside for when he moves out. I have 2 Sunbeam mix masters to go. Have kept and still frequently use my rice cooker as I do larger volumes of rice than the TMX can cope with, my DH has insisted on keeping the stick blender as he still uses it. He had bought the kids an ice shaver so that has also been put aside for whoever wants it when they move out. I still use my breadmaker as we make a loaf a day and I haven't had the time to be using the TMX all the time for bread.
Am borrowing a dehydrator at present to try drying my fruit roll ups and other bits and pieces as my oven is too hot for the roll ups and the DC love them.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
 :)   I gave away my food processor, juicer, magic bullet, milkshake machine, blender, chopping block.
Robyn
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline zebraa

• View Profile
Gave away everything but will get a electric beater on a stand at some stage.

Offline Carrie

• View Profile
I gave away my rice cooker.

Still kept my stick mixer, will use it to make soap.
I kept my scales too, for getting exact measurement of knitting yarn for dyeing - the TMX scales aren't accurate enough.
Still use my SCer a lot too.

Have to keep my bread maker cause it was a gift after we got the TMX. Even though we never use it.
Mama at home with my 4yo additive sensitive son, feeding family of 3 and a furbaby easily with my Thermie.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
I'm a hoarder - haven't gotten rid of anything  :-)) :-)) :-)) :-)) :-))
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.